FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Ursegor

World Champion
They were hilariously bad though, can totally see why they would go down. Didn't muster a simple meaningful attack. Only some semi-decent chances from freekicks lumped into the box.

Samper

I wasn't, but they actually don't have that many talents. I can think of Jose Rodriguez, others aren't notable or I'm unaware of.

De Tomás, Pacheco and Medrán aren't bad either. Juvenil A got some talents with Febas, Marcos Llorente, Cedrés, Legaz, Juanjo. It's not good for their development if Castilla is down a lvl.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
De Tomás, Pacheco and Medrán aren't bad either. Juvenil A got some talents with Febas, Marcos Llorente, Cedrés, Legaz, Juanjo. It's not good for their development if Castilla is down a lvl.

What about the likes of Derik Osede? Heard a lot of people hyping him up last year.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Players a lot more talented turn out to be poor in senior football. Hell Morata was far better than Raul de Tomas yet he's likely not going to make it at RM, and given that de Tomas is still rated as one of the best prospects in their academy it gives an indication as to how mundane their other 'talents' are. I've heard of one or two star prospects at the u14 level but really that's it (other than major overhyped Enzo). Their current 'talents' aren't even close to the level of the old talents that ended up as failures. Only Jose Rodriguez is consistently on the radar and even he will likely get eclipsed by 2-3 marquee midfield galactico signings.

Another example is Osede being hyped up as the academy's 'best defensive prospect' yet he has a whopping 0 appearances for the 1st team despite being 2 months younger than Varane. Madrid have no patience for youth players unless they happen to be major starlets coming through at a convenient time (like Jese).

Samper

What about the likes of Derik Osede? Heard a lot of people hyping him up last year.

Haven't seen him that much but I don't really like him. Physically a good player but in terms of build up play he's pretty bad imo. I wouldn't rate him high but maybe I haven't seen enough of him. First time I saw him was at 2012's U-19 Championship and he didn't impress me.

Samper

Players a lot more talented turn out to be poor in senior football. Hell Morata was far better than Raul de Tomas yet he's likely not going to make it at RM, and given that de Tomas is still rated as one of the best prospects in their academy it gives an indication as to how mundane their other 'talents' are. I've heard of one or two star prospects at the u14 level but really that's it (other than major overhyped Enzo). Their current 'talents' aren't even close to the level of the old talents that ended up as failures. Only Jose Rodriguez is consistently on the radar and even he will likely get eclipsed by 2-3 marquee midfield galactico signings.

Another example is Osede being hyped up as the academy's 'best defensive prospect' yet he has a whopping 0 appearances for the 1st team despite being 2 months younger than Varane. Madrid have no patience for youth players unless they happen to be major starlets coming through at a convenient time (like Jese).

Morata still has chances to make it at Real. Guy is good enough imo but the season he had just wasen't that good. Guy just needs more playing time and it's hard to get it at Real. How much have you seen of de Tomás? He has been struggling with alot of knee injuries this season and hasen't been on his best. You say you have heard of one or two star prospects at the u14 level but that's really it. There isn't really much coverage on La Fabrica and only since recently RealMadridTV has been broadcasting some of the youth games. So it's not that if you don't hear about it, they don't got good talents. La Masia is much easier to follow because I think BarcaTV pretty much covers all home games and you got alot of people on for example Twitter who follow the youth teams. Like Youngcules for example. And this section of the forums which you can discuss the players and get even more information. I don't think you have that for La Fabrica.

I don't get why people hype up Osede. He is nothing special. I agree that Madrid doens't have the time for their talents. But with Ancelotti I think that will change a bit. Carvajal, Jesé, Morata and Nacho all have been given chances.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Morata still has chances to make it at Real. Guy is good enough imo but the season he had just wasen't that good. Guy just needs more playing time and it's hard to get it at Real. How much have you seen of de Tomás? He has been struggling with alot of knee injuries this season and hasen't been on his best. You say you have heard of one or two star prospects at the u14 level but that's really it. There isn't really much coverage on La Fabrica and only since recently RealMadridTV has been broadcasting some of the youth games. So it's not that if you don't hear about it, they don't got good talents. La Masia is much easier to follow because I think BarcaTV pretty much covers all home games and you got alot of people on for example Twitter who follow the youth teams. Like Youngcules for example. And this section of the forums which you can discuss the players and get even more information. I don't think you have that for La Fabrica.

I don't get why people hype up Osede. He is nothing special. I agree that Madrid doens't have the time for their talents. But with Ancelotti I think that will change a bit. Carvajal, Jesé, Morata and Nacho all have been given chances.

I know Morata is a good player, but he's eclipsed by Benzema and Ancelotti might try Jese in a central role as well. He hasn't developed much over the past 2 seasons and hasn't grown to fight for a spot. I haven't watched every single game of De Tomas but I've monitored him from time to time and I haven't been too impressed. He's not nearly what Morata was at youth levels. I also know their academy isn't covered a lot but they hardly ever win any youth tournaments or have notable talents. Back when they did, those talents were well known. Nowadays it's only Jose Rodriguez.

The players that have been given chances have special circumstances. Carvajal had to prove himself at another club and did so extremely well. Jese got in at the right time and was always a WC prospect (and took his chance when it came). Jury is still well out on Morata and a lot of RM fans and media seem to agree he's close to the exit door if he doesn't shape up. Nacho just stuck around and accepted a small amount of minutes so he'll work up to a squad member but likely not amount to anything more.

An era in which Madrid had the likes of Carvajal, Morata, Jese, etc. coming up from youth was actually a spike in their talent pool. I don't see players of that caliber in their academy right now (and that's not just due to limited media exposure). If they did you'd be hearing about them in tournaments or as notable players in youth NT levels, yet you don't. One of the few that I heard of in recent years was Jose Angel Pozo yet he moved to City. They simply don't have academy players of truly outstanding talent right now.

spark

About La Fabrica, Defensacentral.com has been covering it for some years. I stopped visiting the website as it starting being as rabid in its madrisimo as Roncero, around the time Mou signed for them but you can still know the names there if interested. I remember reading about Saúl Ñíguez there before he switched to the Atletico academy, so this must have been 2007 or 2008.

hardyboy

10291223_10152487266630763_7803259866619437529_n.jpg

Home of Barca Fans