FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Tonykross

You know something is going very right when our worst #9 prospect is currently the top scorer of the Segunda division :D

Why is Dongou the worst number 9 prospect ? just because Lucho prefers Munir and Sandro to him? Dongou didn't also disappoint last year with the first team, he had a difficult year in the first part of segunda last year, all of a sudden he is now shit.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why is Dongou the worst number 9 prospect ? just because Lucho prefers Munir and Sandro to him? Dongou didn't also disappoint last year with the first, just because he had a difficult year in the first part of segunda last year, all of a sudden he is now shit.

He is not shit, but his development have certainly stalled and is probably behind Sandro and Munir in the pecking order as of now.

Tonykross

He is not shit, but his development have certainly stalled and is probably behind Sandro and Munir in the pecking order as of now.

How is his development stalled ? do you understand that he is just 19 ? and was even two years ahead of Munir and Sandro even though they're all the same age ?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Why is Dongou the worst number 9 prospect ? just because Lucho prefers Munir and Sandro to him? Dongou didn't also disappoint last year with the first, just because he had a difficult year in the first part of segunda last year, all of a sudden he is now shit.

Sandro and Munir are both with the first team and jumping levels in the Spanish NT while Dongou was sent back early to the B team and didn't even make the cut for the reserve players registered for CL (Even Diagne made the cut there!!). Not saying Dongou is hopeless, but he is the worst out of the three currently.

Happy for his recent jump in form and I hope he gets back on track for his development, but a few goals against defenses that pose 0 adversity doesn't mean he's playing like a gem. The other two have scored on their respective debuts for the first team and are clearly steps ahead. You may like him and he may not be a 'lost cause' but let's not try and overcompensate to make him look better than he is.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Happy for his recent jump in form and I hope he gets back on track for his development, but a few goals against defenses that pose 0 adversity doesn't mean he's playing like a gem. The other two have scored on their respective debuts for the first team and are clearly steps ahead. You may like him and he may not be a 'lost cause' but let's not try and overcompensate to make him look better than he is.

In before Tonykross says Dongou scored in his first team debut last season in the CDR.

spark

Sandro and Munir are both with the first team and jumping levels in the Spanish NT while Dongou was sent back early to the B team and didn't even make the cut for the reserve players registered for CL (Even Diagne made the cut there!!). Not saying Dongou is hopeless, but he is the worst out of the three currently.

Its not fair to say the defenses provided 0 adversity. Sandro's goal was also one that Dongou could score easily. Fact is Munir didnt do anything of note against a better defence of Villarreal nor with the under 21 team so lets not act like hes dominating or at a level unattainable by Dongou. Munir has classier finishing than Sandro and Dongou in his locker but at the end of the day a goal is a goal and you dont get style points. I rate munir the highest and Im a huge Sandro fan but that doesnt mean Dongou is still playing the way he was up to January this year when it really did look hopeless.

Last edited:

Tonykross

Its not fair to say the defenses provided 0 adversity. Sandro's goal was also one that Dongou could score easily. Fact is Munir didnt do anything of note against a better defence of Villarreal nor with the under 21 team so lets not act like hes dominating or at a level unattainable by Dongou. Munir has classier finishing than Sandro and Dongou in his locker but at the end of the day a goal is a goal and you dont get style points.

I totally agree with you, people overreact in this forum, all of a sudden Munir is now the greatest thing that has ever happened in La masia after Messi. don't get me wrong he is a terrific talent, but I don't think he has done what Dongou has never done before. I will just have to be patient and see how their career goes. Deulofeu was the hottest player in La masia two years ago but it seems, he has hit a difficult patch and has to recover from that.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He really should've scored that double chance after Adama's amazing run. And his first goal shouldn't have been allowed.

But it is good to see him score

Home of Barca Fans