FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
@josepcapdevila , sport's editor-in-chief, had a little rant about Bartomeu and la masia today. He complained Bartomeu is more worried about the coming elections. And that the lack of a sports director will hurt la masia. That many sub-16, 17 and 18 internationals need to renew, but they don't even know who to talk to. And that Barça might lose these players, as Barto can't care less, with his mind in focused only in the elections. The sports director is the one in charge of all this too, and there's still no one to replace zubi.

:facepalm: x 1000

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Adama will be promoted to the 1st team next season. It's one of the clauses of the new contract he signed last october.

Hmm, then I expect it'd be a loan. He has plenty of loan demand, won't get much playing time here, and will have to face actual competition from Munir/Deulo for rotation in la liga unlike now since he gets easy priority for games against the Huesca's of the world. If he wants to play more than the shitty CDR minutes he already has while playing with the B team, he won't find it here next season. My guess is Everton, Stoke, Sevilla, etc. Basically getting the Deulo treatment.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
@josepcapdevila , sport's editor-in-chief, had a little rant about Bartomeu and la masia today. He complained Bartomeu is more worried about the coming elections. And that the lack of a sports director will hurt la masia. That many sub-16, 17 and 18 internationals need to renew, but they don't even know who to talk to. And that Barça might lose these players, as Barto can't care less, with his mind in focused only in the elections. The sports director is the one in charge of all this too, and there's still no one to replace zubi.

2v8s760.gif

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am more worried about our future talent getting withered than the current season's success.

God/Buddha/Allah, please help us find a sporting director!

F

Flavia

Hmm, then I expect it'd be a loan. He has plenty of loan demand, won't get much playing time here, and will have to face actual competition from Munir/Deulo for rotation in la liga unlike now since he gets easy priority for games against the Huesca's of the world. If he wants to play more than the shitty CDR minutes he already has while playing with the B team, he won't find it here next season. My guess is Everton, Stoke, Sevilla, etc. Basically getting the Deulo treatment.

I'm seeing rumors on twitter he could leave on loan already in this window, because of eusebio and his recent statements :icon_confused:

Stoke's coach was at today's game, and said adama and sandro are options for him.

khaled_a_d

Nah, no way the good of getting relegated outweighs the bad. The board is already under extreme fire and won't win elections, Eusebio very clearly only has a little time left before even Barto gets tired of him. I don't think Socis are aware enough of the B team/La Masia situation to actually give a shit about it when they vote. Players like Halilovic/Samper/Dongou/Adama/Grimaldo/Munir/Sandro will likely clear out the B team next season for loans or having a chance at the first team because of the transfer ban and in their individual interests (none of them belong in Segunda B). That means we'll have only very young talents from the next Juvenil A generation and 0 transfers to bring us back up to Segunda which is nearly impossible (Kaptoum is the most senior that I can think of). The B team would be in an incredibly unstable state if we were to actually get relegated, completely undoing the work that Pep/Lucho took years to achieve for the foreseeable future.

The key is to look into the abyss clearly, not fall in. Flirting with the relegation zone throughout February will get Eusebio fired, and then with a hopefully proper coach we can actually get our talents performing at the highest level and pick back up to lower mid table. If the B team setting can improve greatly next season and remain in Segunda, there's a good chance that some of the senior B team players (Grimaldo, Adama) would be willing to stay there since it'd actually augment their development instead of being an obstacle like it is now. A prosperous B team is better for raw talents to develop than loans or being benched in the 1st team. That way I think Samper/Munir will stay with the first team, Dongou will leave, Halilovic will go on loan, and Sandro/Grimaldo/Adama will stay with the B team and rotate between levels. Maybe Adama will choose a loan though. Those players, a good coach, some Juvenil A talents, and Kaptoum taking the reigns of the midfield will keep us safe in Segunda and have our prospects diffuse properly. Best situation IMO.

tbh,I am not sure anymore that being in Segunda is helping us in developing our players,few years ago it looked perfect
People keep blaming Eusebio and he is sure part of the problem but since we are promoted the team is facing tougher opponents and any coach will be under pressure of keeping the team in Segunda which isn't easy job for a team with average age of 21
Historically Segunda B has been the league Barca B always played in and the league most of our players developed in ,it allowed our player to adapt playing against physically grown men not teens while taking pressure from them and the coach allowing them to continue developing their fundamentals .once in Segunda the team focus starting to shift in getting some wins ,the fans are starting to follow the team more and every half decent player is hyped ,things was more simple for the prospects and coaches when we were in segunda B
Not saying we should try to relegate or anything ,but it might not be such a step back as people think

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Segunda B is much more harder than Adelante.

I don't think it's good at all. The shift from developing talent to winning happened under Eusebio and ironically he sucks in doing that part too.

anguy

I can't understand how Barca B went from a team record-tying league finish to now being relegation candidates.

By selling/releasing all experienced players? Exactly what people wanted - so that they "can't block development of our young talents".

Should just sack him right now.

Ultimatum seems to have worked out well with Luis Enrique, so why not try it second time :).

Home of Barca Fans