FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

Guaporta

[tw]889936467010744322[/tw]

Did anyone watch it? I saw stream links floating around on Twitter. Despite the weak opponent, it would be interesting to see that Vitinho kid in action.

I did. Quite liked the look of new CB signing Jorge Cuenca and the link-up play of Abel Ruiz in attack.

Messi983

Nahuel Leiva is apparently backup option if we don't get Alvaro Vadillo.

Konyk has signed for Sevilla Atletico. At least he didn't go to Madrid if he'll ever turn out a good player.

[tw]890264350652497923[/tw]

tacticvarium

To be honest, Abel Ruiz is the only one who has real first team potential after Mboula left among the La Masia strikers we currently have in the B~Juv teams.
I don't see Pérez more than a mid-table la liga player even if he develops well.
Regarding Sergio Gómez who was named MVP of the tournament several times, I believe as he gets older, he is less likely to succeed as a world-class striker. He could end up like Lee (who failed to live up to expectations whatever the reason) if he doesn't switch to (attacking) central midfielder where I see he has a better chance.

Last edited:

Jallo

To be honest, Abel Ruiz is the only one who has real first team potential after Mboula left among the La Masia strikers we currently have in the B~Juv teams.
I don't see Pérez more than a mid-table la liga player even if he develops well.
Regarding Sergio Gómez who was named MVP of the tournament several times, I believe as he gets older, he is less likely to succeed as a world-class striker. He could end up like Lee (who failed to live up to expectations whatever the reason) if he doesn't switch to (attacking) central midfielder where I see he has a better chance.

Sergio Gomez is not even a striker in any sense, he never has and never will be. He is a currently a winger who like to come inside. His future is probably a CAM/CM/#10. He is a versatile attacking player and a damn fine one.

tacticvarium

Sergio Gomez is not even a striker in any sense, he never has and never will be. He is a currently a winger who like to come inside. His future is probably a CAM/CM/#10. He is a versatile attacking player and a damn fine one.

I guess I used the wrong term. I meant forward players which includes all different types whether it's striker, winger, #10 playmaker, #9 scorer, etc. Gómez mostly plays as a forward but even when he starts as a midfielder, he is still limited to more like a wide midfielder in 4-2-3-1 (whether it was intended by him or coaches) so he will still need to adapt to the role of CM in Barcelona 4-3-3 midfield which is different from typical attacking midfielder role.
I do agree that he is a versatile talent but he lacks some of the necessary qualifications to survive as a forward as he moves to the higher level which is similar to the case with current Lee (unless he changes his playing style similar to that of Pedro).
He lacks physical ability&balance, agility and explosive pace to be competitive in the top-level football. However, he possesses good vision, creativity and is technically gifted although not superior enough to overcome those flaws. So I hope Gabri try him in midfield in the coming season before it's too late.

Last edited:

ManusXavi

Unless he is regarded as one of the best talents in his generation, there is no point of signing young players from outside and remove our own product.
I would take it further and say that above a certain age (say 14+), Barca should never sign a player from the outside and remove their own product (Including the first team)
I think we should bring talented players from the outside and let our kids compete with them. If Morer is better then he'll play, if this kid will be better then it's his turn. You can never have enough talented players and we shouldn't look at everyone we brought from the outside as if we are trying to get rid of our youngsters but rather as a competition for them to eventually make all of them better.
I understand what you are trying to do.
There is a risk that in doing that you lose the product of the La Masia Chemistry when you do this. Key words being instinct, off the ball chemistry and movement, trust in teammates and so many more values that are about 'working as one'

Home of Barca Fans