FC Barcelona Finances

snowy

Best way forward is to bet on the youth and play balsyball. I reckon Koe will take cue from last season and improve his rotations and select players on merit and who's in-form.

Haaland is now naught but a distant dream but with all the talent we got, including Kays from B-team, I'm cautiously confident :)

Interlop

Do unregistered players count against 70% cap? In case it’s not, we could’ve not registered Umtiti, Aguero, Coutinho, decrease and backload some salaries for the ones who accept it, and sign Messi. Next year negotiate some sponsorship deals with Messi in the team and increase our revenue. I doubt we will be able to get the same revenue without Messi, so in the end we lose financially and sporting wise because of his departure

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Do unregistered players count against 70% cap? In case it’s not, we could’ve not registered Umtiti, Aguero, Coutinho, decrease and backload some salaries for the ones who accept it, and sign Messi. Next year negotiate some sponsorship deals with Messi in the team and increase our revenue. I doubt we will be able to get the same revenue without Messi, so in the end we lose financially and sporting wise because of his departure

Not possible. You have to register those players whom you have a current contract with first, before registering new players (including Messi), I learned.

Interlop

Not possible. You have to register those players whom you have a current contract with first, before registering new players (including Messi), I learned.

So we cannot register new players before we register all current players? For example we cannot register Depay if we don’t want to register Umtiti? That’s some BS rule.

JamDav1982

So we cannot register new players before we register all current players? For example we cannot register Depay if we don’t want to register Umtiti? That’s some BS rule.

No thats not true dont think.

Could opt not to register likes of Umtiti but his salary would still count on LFP.

behindbrowneyes

Wasn't there something like "for every Euro the club saves in salary or receives in transfer fee, 25 cent can be reinvested into the squad"? Emerson costed 9M and the club earned 28,5M through sales. 4*9=36M - 28,5M = 7,5M still to be earned to not further burden the salary cap?

Does Messi's last year salary count as saving in salaries? Firpo didn't earn much, but Trincao got loaned and his wages were not that low. 1/4 of that savings should allow the club the register at least two of the new signings, no?

serghei

Wasn't there something like "for every Euro the club saves in salary or receives in transfer fee, 25 cent can be reinvested into the squad"? Emerson costed 9M and the club earned 28,5M through sales. 4*9=36M - 28,5M = 7,5M still to be earned to not further burden the salary cap?

Does Messi's last year salary count as saving in salaries? Firpo didn't earn much, but Trincao got loaned and his wages were not that low. 1/4 of that savings should allow the club the register at least two of the new signings, no?

Seems like nobody knows diddly shit if you ask me. Least of all Spanish journos.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The fact that Real Madrid returned a profit (albeit marginal) and Dortmund posted a loss of 72.8m loss from 20/21 season while we had a loss of 478m (I think it refers to the sheer reduction of total revenue from expected, not the financial term of loss) is inscrutable.

In Dortmund's case, while its matchday revenue was barely beyond 0 (600K), they actually received more TV money (186.7m euros, 10% more than what they got in 19/20) and more sponsorship money (106.6m, 8.8% more than 19/20).

Baffling how we did so poorly compared to literally everybody else. Laporta needs to explain this huge disparity even though it was not his fault mostly.

Devils

I've never seen a organization more financially fucked than Barca.

It's only going to get worse from here on in too. For example, no way Nike would ever consider paying us as much as they are right now as they are going to lose a ton of money on shirt sales. Rakuten and Beko are already trying to pay us less too.

Huge short term debts to pay, wage structure completely unstable, unable to sign, recruit or register players, accumulating nearly 500m in losses last fiscal and will have more losses this year.

Surely the annihilation event is not too far on the horizon.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

It's only going to get worse from here on in too. For example, no way Nike would ever consider paying us as much as they are right now as they are going to lose a ton of money on shirt sales. Rakuten and Beko are already trying to pay us less too.

Huge short term debts to pay, wage structure completely unstable, unable to sign, recruit or register players, accumulating nearly 500m in losses last fiscal and will have more losses this year.

What will happen to the deal with Nike depends on whether Bartomeu & Co. were stupid enough to have a Messi clause, I'd think there isn't since it is a long deal (ending in 2026), but maybe they will pay us slightly less after Messi leaves. Both Rakuten and Beko will end their deal next year and they can get the fuck out already, I'd rather we find some other new sponsors, and yeah, could pay us less but shouldn't be too bad. Milan's recent main sponsorship deal with Socios.com is giving them 30m a year for example.

Our short term debt should be OK as the bulk of the 525m loan from Goldman Sachs is to be used on paying off our short term debts. Wage construction will depend on the ongoing talk with the high earners. We won't be able to sign if we can't sell, for sure. If we can sell a one or a couple of high earners then we will have money and more importantly room in the salary cap to sign new players.

I actually expect our revenue this season (21/22) to be better than last season's because we are going to finally have fans at the Camp Nou and Estadi Johan Cruyff, so matchday-wise we should receive a boost. Other portions of our revenue will feel Messi's impact but we will see.

Zidane82

Whoever does our deals wants shooting .. buy expensive and either sell cheap or loan them back !!

Whereas ManCity who are super wealthy do deals like these

City received 10m ($13.5m) Sancho's move to United because of a sell-on clause.

Angelino to RB Leipzig and Jack Harrison to Leeds United, a combined 28m ($39m), Lukas Nmechha to Wolfsburg for 7.2m ($10m).

Ivan Ilic is going* to Verona for 7m ($9.7m). Yangel Herrera, Morgan Rogers and Jayden Braaf are also available and could raise 30m ($42m).

Pedro Porro was expected to make a permanent switch to Sporting for 7.5m ($10m).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
With regard to the 137m reduction in "brand value" figure that Brand Finance estimated, it is about 10% of our total value according to them. Apparently Real Madrid lost 19% of their brand value when Ronaldo left, however if I recall correctly it didn't have any real impact on their actual revenues.

So once again, this 137m is just a fictitious/BS figure based on a fictitious value estimated by that firm, not real money lost.

Home of Barca Fans