Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Fabian Ruiz and De Paul could do what Frenkie does for Barca....

Sensationally ridiculous claims.

Just like Kessie had a better 2022 than any other Barca midfielder and had skillset better placed for Barca than FDJ...

Top stuff.

Bit like folk not watching Barca in midweek and then claiming FDJ was average and all fan boys will go quiet..

Reality? FDJ was very good.. again.

Some folk try to hard that they end up spouting utter nonsense despite quite clearly not watching.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I get your point and that you're backing Frenkie but De Paul is a bad comparison.

You can find a lot of midfielders like De Paul in every top league. Workhorse midfielders are a dime a dozen.

Frenkie is a unique player, his awareness and positional understanding is special and when allowed freedom to move he can rule a midfield. Also has brilliant technique and great dribbling, great physical qualities, you cannot find a player with all of that for 30m whatever people in this thread are saying.

You find midfielders like De Paul for 30m though, sure.

De Paul is average and did not have a great WC at all. Was decent in the final but in a lot of earlier games could barely pass a ball.

FDJ was better at the WC than him easily.

If the argumen is winning it matters only then scold board for siging Lewa and not getting Alvarez... or even scold board for not getting Enner Valencia rather than Lewa..

Scold them for 'wasting money' on Kound at RB when could have signed Molina for much less.

Should have saved money on Raphinha and signed Di Maria... he had a better World Cup dont ya know.

While we are on WC as some kind of barometer.... who was best Barca mid at WC by a long way? That would be FDJ.

Last edited:

fergus90

A year ago, I would have advocated selling him as he just wasn't being used to his strengths and the club was desperate for money.

However he's now being played in a position where he's able to get on the ball much more and is fundamental to the midfield.

His only real weakness in my opinion, is his final ball. He can do that lofted pass in the box from the left side very well but sometimes lacks that last pass.

But he's excellent at evading challenges and progressing with the ball.

JamDav1982

He has been amongst the top mids for key passes throughout his time and probably has the best forward pass of anyone this season away to Osasuna.

Couple games before that it was a first time pass throught that earned red card for opposition and created good chances away to Valencia.

Even last game Raphinha not timining his run correctly cost a goal and assists from a good pass.

Not as bad as is made out at passing ball forward.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I struggle to think of any Midfielder I would replace FDJ with.

Fabian Ruiz? even PSG fans don't like him at all. Even back in his Betis/Napoli days I always saw him as the "Spanish Andre Gomes" Basically unremarkable and even with Spain he was Meh as fuck.

Remember the guys such as Houssem Aouar, and Ndombele I've seen people hail as good alternatives but both have since basically have done nothing in the last couple of years with one likely heading towards Betis and the other basically failed at Tottenham and now on loan at Napoli as he's injury prone.

Don't get me started on the likes of Rabiot either that a certain someone on here was pushing for.

JamDav1982

I struggle to think of any Midfielder I would replace FDJ with.

Fabian Ruiz? even PSG fans don't like him at all. Even back in his Betis/Napoli days I always saw him as the "Spanish Andre Gomes" Basically unremarkable and even with Spain he was Meh as fuck.

Remember the guys such as Houssem Aouar, and Ndombele I've seen people hail as good alternatives but both have since basically have done nothing in the last couple of years with one likely heading towards Betis and the other basically failed at Tottenham and now on loan at Napoli as he's injury prone.

Don't get me started on the likes of Rabiot either that a certain someone on here was pushing for.

Fabian Ruiz.. but back before he played for Napoli is the claim.

Napoli ruined him apparently.. even though played best football of his career there.

Ruiz is nothing like FDJ and would be horrendous trying to do what FDJ does in current set up let alone when he covers at DM or even at CB.

Ruiz would be better in the AM role with freedom... thats about it.

De Paul is an even worse shout.

Absolutely horrendous claim.

vuji_31

You are basically trolling right now. The 99 OVR player does not exist, mate.

I closly watch De Jong, his try of Iniesta or Xavi oass is 100% time bad timed, wrong speed and strenght of the pass.

He is bad at it, but people are snowflakes today, so guys like gor triggered by telling truth.

xXKonan

It's okay to take the L.

I mean I thought guys like Gomes, Arthur, and Semedo would help solve our long-term issues in Key spots but in the end, it didn't work out and that's okay. At least in the pile of dead bodies we got guys like Gavi, Pedri, Balde, Araujo, FDJ, and the likes of Kounde, Christensen etc out of it.

jamrock

At least a gave his trend some life, lol.

His fanboys only pop up & light this trend up after his once every 7 games, 8/10 performance.

He ain't done shit In his 4 years at Barcelona to justify his price tag, would not make it into any WC 22 squad, only mid at Barcelona that would come close to doing that in pedri, that's what we paid for.

Would take a bunch of cheaper players over him, because if you take FDJ out the team & put in XYZ player, over the last 4 years ain't nothing changing.

Fans acting like he is the reason we are finally about to win after he's been here all this time.

nah bruv a great defensive, a young Midfielder that shows up, Dembele finally showing up are the major contributing reasons.

He is what he's always been a good player, that you don't have to worry about when you see him on the team Sheet, not isn't gonna make the difference on a consistent basis either.

Solid 6.5-7/10

He's just a great glue guy, not a 85m best in the world type midfield.

JamDav1982

From Jamrock who thinks FDJ was average mid week when he was very good.

Then when makes out when he is exceptional that it is 'only good game in 7'.

Usual.

Massively important for Barca and Xavi now gets it.

Cost Barca money in EL and CL probably that didnt realise it sooner.

It clearly hurts for some to be so wrong on him. Such is life.

Imagine thinking De Paul or Ruiz can 'do what Frenkie does'.

Sensational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans