Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Exactly. Like in Moneyball, when Brad Pitt sold the guy the coach was playing, to force him to play the new signing instead. :lol: Worked like a charm.

I hope they keep Vidal for one more season though. I like him now and he's a different kind of player that's very useful. He also seem to be helping Dembele and the other young guys in the team and is making a positive influence lol.

Jair Ventura

Let me guess, nothing from French or Dutch sources... again?

You’d think you all would have learned by now, but I’d hesitate before getting too excited.

serghei

I hope they keep Vidal for one more season though. I like him now and he's a different kind of player that's very useful. He also seem to be helping Dembele and the other young guys in the team and is making a positive influence lol.

Why would we not? Vidal has a place locked up in the team atm. Our only physical beast in midfield.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Barca's transfer policy these last two years is like some guy's FM save. Selling Neymar, buying Dembele, Coutinho, Paulinho, Boateng, Vidal, Arthur, Lenglet, Wague, Malcom, De Jong and etc. Such a frantic transfer policy is something we haven't had for a long time. And it is needed. Props to Bartomeu.

serghei

16m in wages.

Coutinho is on 14.

If all this is true, Rakitic will 100% leave this summer. But to where? PSG?

We should post the net wages, it gets confusing when you say 16m, considering most wages are reported in net way, after tax. Those 16m, are actually 8 net if my calculations are accurate. It's reasonable, but still high.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wouldn't jump to conclusions on his wages and transfer fee. Every journalist is jumping on this news now so time for them to make something up to generate clicks for their sites.

serghei

We should close the deal fast so we can neutralize PSG from activating Qatar's oil money reserve contingency plan.

Riordon

Interesting times ahead by the way. If De Jong comes and we already got Todibo, I only think we will get one player this summer, maybe a striker not sure.

This gives us time to focus on sales. We have a lot to offload. D.Suarez, Rafinha and Rakitic have to go.

I would put Coutinho on the market. Chelsea needs a star after Hazard will leave.

Malcom?

Newcomer

We should close the deal fast so we can neutralize PSG from activating Qatar's oil money reserve contingency plan.

No need.
What this transfer saga showed is de Jong prioritized wages and playing time.
When he got that, he chose his favorite team.
Makes total sense and explain why he unfollowed Real Madrid aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans