Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Ajax probably thinks that he will explode next season.
And if we are offering 30 or 40m now, clubs will offer 50-60-70 next summer.

I don't think that this is only about keeping him in the team for one season.
Ajax want to milk as much as possible for De Jong and De Light.

Time is on their side.
No need to hurry.
If FDJ is such a talent, his price surely won't drop in the next season.

Don't think so, especially if Ajax qualify for the Champions League. PSG and Man City are also interested in him and they most likely could offer more so I doubt Ajax would agree on a fixed price for him. Additionally, we offered to buy and loan him back this season but Overmars came out and said that he wouldn't accept that.

I think we'll have to wait and see if Ajax qualify for the CL. If they don't, then I see Ajax accepting 50m easily. If they do qualify, then I doubt he'll be sold unless we make a crazy offer like 60m.

I know that is a logical thinking from Ajax's point of view. It is interesting though that they signed some older/experienced players but no CBs. With Tagliafico still there I suspect Blind might actually be used as a DM.

If they continue to play him at CB, I just don't see how that doesn't effect his price tag going forward. If they want to maximize him shouldn't they play him more in the Middle?

I don't know how that will effect the player also, how much is he OK with playing as a CB?

Raketa10

I know that is a logical thinking from Ajax's point of view. It is interesting though that they signed some older/experienced players but no CBs. With Tagliafico still there I suspect Blind might actually be used as a DM.

If they continue to play him at CB, I just don't see how that doesn't effect his price tag going forward. If they want to maximize him shouldn't they play him more in the Middle?

I don't know how that will effect the player also, how much is he OK with playing as a CB?

If they continue to use him as a CB for another year it's game over for him. There is no way you can lose 1,5 year playing as a CB and than come to Barca and play as a DM/CM player. So if we do sign him he can stay there for another year but ONLY as a midfielder, but to be honest if we do sign him I would bring him immediately.

Yugi

It´s time to say it: watch him, he plays CB/DM while having CM/AM like skills and whole team revolves around him. Reminds you of someone? Yeah, Cruyff but a bit deeper in the field and obviously not that talented. But having less talent doesn´t mean that this guy isn´t special, because for me he is total footballer like I haven´t seen yet in modern football (few notable mentions are Adriano, Alaba, Sergi Roberto, Lahm and Messi but not the way this guy is). He can probably play in any position on the pitch and still feel comfortable and contribute to attacking/defensive play.
I would definitely love to see him here, where he can develop even more and find a position on field for him that suits him best. But....I think this guy should go to City and play under Guardiola, because he is the only coach right now that can truly make him something really really special. It is not about taking him for our sake, it is about maximizing his potential for football´s sake.

gasgas

...............Ter stegen
Semedo..Lenglet....Umtiti....Alba
...........Busquets..De Jong
...Malcolm.........................Coutinho
...................Messi...Suarez

Raketa10

It´s time to say it: watch him, he plays CB/DM while having CM/AM like skills and whole team revolves around him. Reminds you of someone? Yeah, Cruyff but a bit deeper in the field and obviously not that talented. But having less talent doesn´t mean that this guy isn´t special, because for me he is total footballer like I haven´t seen yet in modern football (few notable mentions are Adriano, Alaba, Sergi Roberto, Lahm and Messi but not the way this guy is). He can probably play in any position on the pitch and still feel comfortable and contribute to attacking/defensive play.
I would definitely love to see him here, where he can develop even more and find a position on field for him that suits him best. But....I think this guy should go to City and play under Guardiola, because he is the only coach right now that can truly make him something really really special. It is not about taking him for our sake, it is about maximizing his potential for football´s sake.

:facepalm: Dude why don’t you just go to City forum? This is barcaforum not De Jong forum.

KingLeo10

sorry man but this post warrants a

https://media.giphy.com/media/APcFiiTrG0x2/giphy.gif

Yugi

LOL, you bums clearly didn´t get my point. I trust Valverde but he is yet to show he is capable of developing someone in Barca and by playing flat 442 with no real midfield FDJ is better off playing as Ajax false CB than here to be honest. With that system there is no chance he will be utilized better. Also I said I would love to see him here but I see him better developing under Guardiola, that was not my City fanboyism (LOL), that was just what I think could be better as I have seen Guardiola work with youth.

Andrew M

LOL, you bums clearly didn´t get my point. I trust Valverde but he is yet to show he is capable of developing someone in Barca and by playing flat 442 with no real midfield FDJ is better off playing as Ajax false CB than here to be honest. With that system there is no chance he will be utilized better. Also I said I would love to see him here but I see him better developing under Guardiola, that was not my City fanboyism (LOL), that was just what I think could be better as I have seen Guardiola work with youth.

Inaki Williams, Laporte?

Yugi

are they in Barca? I know he can develop players, but Bilbao is not Barca and stakes are higher here. He looked to play it safe most of the season and even if we could field B team players he didn´t bother much (except maybe Alena in CDR away against Espanyol) and oh, did you forget about his reluctance to play Dembele for no obvious reasons? Yeah, he didn´t show he can develop talents in Barca yet

Joan

are they in Barca? I know he can develop players, but Bilbao is not Barca and stakes are higher here. He looked to play it safe most of the season and even if we could field B team players he didn´t bother much (except maybe Alena in CDR away against Espanyol) and oh, did you forget about his reluctance to play Dembele for no obvious reasons? Yeah, he didn´t show he can develop talents in Barca yet

Who did Guardiola develop in City? If we are to apply that logic.

Yugi

From academy? Probably noone. From the young guys he bought? Ederson, Stones, Sane, Jesus, hell even Sterling was on great streak during season :D Don´t get me wrong though, I would really want De Jong here in Barca, it´s just that I am afraid Valverde isn´t right coach for him. But that is hypothetical as he is not ours (yet).

Andrew M

Stones barely even played towards the end of the season. Pep will use the players that deliver for him. He's in fact received criticism for not using players from Man City's expensive and state of the art academy

khaled_a_d

Ederson wasn't even young prospect when he was bought, Stones was a high profile known player who was very expensive player already in the league and he might have even regressed under Pep, Sane developed nicely under himm Sterling not so much. Still curious about Jesus as I am not sure he is developing on right pace under him but at least he is playing and scoring

EdmondDantes

I'm not up-to-date with the banter here, nor with the Man City stuff, but are we only signing him next summer?

In an ideal world, we'd sign him now and loan him to a better league (La Liga being a priority) and then integrate him next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans