Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
90m is A LOT OF money. Hopefully De Jong is extra motivated and proves that paying for 90m for him is worth the transfer fee we paid and the 10m-per-year salary.

Honestly I don't know how much playing time he will get in the short term.

serghei

I still don't believe in him btw, but I didn't watch much of City this year tbh :cheers:

Yea, the thing with these highly prized talents of today in CB is that they are being praised for non-key attributes playing in this position. Most highly rated CBs now are rated that highly because they are good on the ball and do fancy stuff.

Somebody like Skriniar is probably better than both Laporte and Stones at basic position-related attributes like knowing how to actually defend the right way, but he's not as flashy. Is not a highlights player.

wisconsincule

i think we'll part ways with Coutinho this summer, especially considering we need a striker.

wouldn't be suprised to see Frenkie, Rabiot + high potential ST with Coutinho, Rakitic, Rafinha and Denis leaving

I could see this as well. I would keep Malcom but if a good offer comes for him he might be gone. It’s too bad we didn’t sell Raki this summer to PSG. If the rumored 80mil is true we won’t get nearly that much unless Paulinho’s team purchases him :bartomeu:

serghei

We need an offensive midfielder as well.

I feel we will really need that when Messi is no longer playing at the current level. With Messi, an AM needs a lot of work to integrate in our midfield. Would need two other very mobile players with great workrate and good physicality. Which is basically the formula with which Klopp used Cou at Liverpool.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When are we expecting this to be announced?

Probably tomorrow.

Yea, the thing with these highly prized talents of today in CB is that they are being praised for non-key attributes playing in this position. Most highly rated CBs now are rated that highly because they are good on the ball and do fancy stuff.

Somebody like Skriniar is probably better than both Laporte and Stones at basic position-related attributes like knowing how to actually defend the right way, but he's not as flashy. Is not a highlights player.

Laporte doesn't get praised solely for being good on the ball. He's by far City's best defender and they struggle when he's not on the pitch as Kompany cannot stay healthy and Otamendi and Stones are unstable.

Firmly on his way to become an established World Class CB.

GOAT_SUAREZ

i think we'll part ways with Coutinho this summer, especially considering we need a striker.

wouldn't be suprised to see Frenkie, Rabiot + high potential ST with Coutinho, Rakitic, Rafinha and Denis leaving

I don't see Coutinho leaving unless there is a huge offer. I agree with the other players especially Rakitic. Plus Malcom is a good possibility as well.

serghei

FdJ to Barca was a no brainer all along. Don't know why the hell they winked at PSG in the first place. Maybe it was to force Barca into a move faster as we tend to react more when we feel under pressure than just do it proactively.

AndreC

Now in the summer:

-A new number 9 (<25 years old) to replace an old Luis Suarez (maybe he will play one more season)
-Sell Rakitic, Vidal, Rafinha and Denis Suarez
-2 new full backs (a young sub for Alba and a new right back (choose between Semedo and Roberto and sell the other)
- A sub for Pique (in the case that Tobillo turns out a flop)

Bartomeu, print it and dont forget

This squad would be unreal and enough to convince Pep Guardiola to comeback and train Messi ONE LAST TIME

During 3/4/5/6 years ...( or until infinity we wish) and the end of career he deserves

Thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans