Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Wasn't paying much attention in the first half but in the second he was a disaster.

He legit passed the ball to the Valencia keeper from 7 meters away , 2 minutes later instead of shooting from the edge of the box , he looks for a pass.

Pissed me off entirely.

xxxxxx

This was by far his worse game. He kept losing the ball and messing up the attacks. He looked lost when he played as an attacking midfielder.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think this game has shown us that he is simply not a great attacking talent. He is good at delivering progressive passes and progressing the ball himself by carrying it, but his attacking instincts are mediocre. De Bruyne or Xavi or Iniesta of course are all far better attacking players. For me it is clear that De Jong either has to be a CDM or be fielded with a CDM and a very competent midfielder in attack like Iniesta/Deco/De Bruyne.

Arnaez

I'm a little underwhelmed so far, just doesn't have great dribbling or vision. Just seems a nice player for playing out of a press and making some 1-2s, a slightly better Wijnaldum.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I'm a little underwhelmed so far, just doesn't have great dribbling or vision. Just seems a nice player for playing out of a press and making some 1-2s, a slightly better Wiljandum.

He started very well, but recently really dipped in form. Im still convinced by him though, hes technically outrageous. Hes the least of our worries.

The poblem right now is that pretty much noone knows what to do. We have no clear roles, its all just a chaotic mess. I have no idea what the individual players in midfield or attack are supposed to be doing. Football should be much simpler. But hey, we bought three players for the left wing, who are not left wingers :lol: And neither have a 9. Its incredibly hard to shine in a setup like this.

serghei

I think this game has shown us that he is simply not a great attacking talent. He is good at delivering progressive passes and progressing the ball himself by carrying it, but his attacking instincts are mediocre. De Bruyne or Xavi or Iniesta of course are all far better attacking players. For me it is clear that De Jong either has to be a CDM or be fielded with a CDM and a very competent midfielder in attack like Iniesta/Deco/De Bruyne.

Agreed. He fits the DM position very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans