Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

I dont know which young player with sense would choose us over city & pep right now, especially since pep really wants a Fernandinho replacement.

So let's all hope he isn't too bright & really wants to be here, then we can hope Valverde leaves for some reason.

wisconsincule

Pep won’t be at city forever. Where would you rather live for the next 10 years? Manchester or Barcelona? If he wants to come here and we want him here. He will come.

wisconsincule

City Vs. Barcelona

City: More money + the Pep factor is known to work wonderfully with the youngsters'
Barca: Fan of the club - Valverde, below average manager who is known to have issues/don't trust youngsters

HonorableQuarterlyKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif

This isn’t true. Valverde is playing Arthur.

Obiaseti

Don't think we have a free slot though. We already have Busi, Arthur, Raki, Vidal. If he comes it should be after 2 seasons and not the next. Don't know if he'd be willing to wait though.

Nothanks

rakitic isn't going anywhere, manager loves him and he loves the club

unless someone offers mad money for him (80ish+ million) he isn't leaving much less for some unproven player.

khaled_a_d

he'll be a Barca player next summer for sure. Raki will be departing imo

We aren't selling a starter before someone already taken his place in our XI. That has been the case for us for long time. FDJ will need to replace Raki in starting line up before the later get sold.

Don't think we have a free slot though. We already have Busi, Arthur, Raki, Vidal. If he comes it should be after 2 seasons and not the next. Don't know if he'd be willing to wait though.

4 players for 3 slots, with 3 of them over 31 by the end of the year? I think we have a place.
Depending on plans with our Barca B midfield trio (Alena-Puig-Oriol)

Devils

Pep is almost done with City? Where could he go next?!

Sorry, but do you have a link?
All I remember him renewing for 3 seasons (something he never did with us btw)

He extended two years iirc. His original contract was supposed to end at the end of this season but he extended until 2021.

But it looks like that is going to be the end of his time at City. He's recently spoke out about potentially managing nationally as well as in Italy. I very much doubt that he will sign another extension with City.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...la-eyeing-international-future-not-Spain.html

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...ardiola-open-to-coaching-in-serie-a-in-future

khaled_a_d

He extended two years iirc. His original contract was supposed to end at the end of this season but he extended until 2021.

But it looks like that is going to be the end of his time at City. He's recently spoke out about potentially managing nationally as well as in Italy. I very much doubt that he will sign another extension with City.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...la-eyeing-international-future-not-Spain.html

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...ardiola-open-to-coaching-in-serie-a-in-future

There is almost nothing to draw conclusion from both, he said before he wants to coach Brescia one day so saying he would like to coach in Italy is normal. same for NT thing.
Honestly I think City for Pep is what Crujif for Barca, he wants them to be their project were any future success will always be rooted for what he has done their. I won't be surprised if he renews again.

George_Costanza

I think Pep will stay at least 3 more years at City. Unlike Bayern, he has full control over City's sporting project and EPL is more challenging than one horse race Bundesliga. Currently EPL has the best coaches in Europe.

Messigician

City is shit and they have no chance in UCL pep said so himself lol.

He stays for the insane wages they offer him I I doubt he will leave unless Juventus come calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans