Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
diariosport65444000.jpg

rip photoshop.

Horatio

You're welcome
Kimmich and Kdb would be in every generation awesome but after them and Frenkie i dont see many midfield players on top tevel.

Bruno Fernandes? Aren't people going crazy over of him? And he's Portuguese. Weird you wouldn't mention him. Ah, I see....in fear of jinxing him.

Last edited:

serghei

I'm starting to think JamDav was right. I like him as a box to box. His scoring potential might even improve to a steady 10-15 goals a season player. Which would be impressive.

JerseyAddict

I take it, if he plays great, no problem. I'd sign right now if he sends Mbappe and Neymar home with a screamer in Paris.

Finding a Busi replacement would be damn hard though...

We should have found it 2y ago. But we bought Griez. Instead of a good DM

Devils

He's really coming becoming what we wanted when we signed.

Should of signed De Ligt too.

De Ligt and Araujo partnership would have been :wow:

vegitot

He's really coming becoming what we wanted when we signed.

Should of signed De Ligt too.

De Ligt and Araujo partnership would have been :wow:

Thought fans expected him to be the next Busquest but whatever. As long as we get a great midfielder, don't care about next Busquest, next Iniesta...

xXKonan

There were expectations that he was probably being groomed to be Busi's successor. But he did show glimpses that he could possibly be more than just being a DLP DM for this team going by his time at Ajax and for the NT. His ability to drive forward with the ball from down deep got people wondering if he could just be more than just a guy who is there to link the Defense and Attack from deep.

But the execution under Valverde and Seiten was wrong, they used him more as some sort of Water Carrier and he looked more like a Winger than anything. He didn't have much influence in the build-up and didn't get much of the ball like a Midfielder should get. Heck go back early on in the thread and we were bitching that we paid 75 million euros for a guy that is nothing more than some Water Carrier for some aging legs.

It took a while even under Koeman for him to evolve into this B2B Midfielder role we have seen for the past couple of months. The idea was there but it was all about the execution and Koeman got it right by the looks of it. Not only is De Jong making these runs into the box but he's also still influential on the ball as well, which is needed instead of just being a guy who is running like a headless chicken.

FinBarcelonafan

There were expectations that he was probably being groomed to be Busi's successor. But he did show glimpses that he could possibly be more than just being a DLP DM for this team going by his time at Ajax and for the NT. His ability to drive forward with the ball from down deep got people wondering if he could just be more than just a guy who is there to link the Defense and Attack from deep.

But the execution under Valverde and Seiten was wrong, they used him more as some sort of Water Carrier and he looked more like a Winger than anything. He didn't have much influence in the build-up and didn't get much of the ball like a Midfielder should get. Heck go back early on in the thread and we were bitching that we paid 75 million euros for a guy that is nothing more than some Water Carrier for some aging legs.

It took a while even under Koeman for him to evolve into this B2B Midfielder role we have seen for the past couple of months. The idea was there but it was all about the execution and Koeman got it right by the looks of it. Not only is De Jong making these runs into the box but he's also still influential on the ball as well, which is needed instead of just being a guy who is running like a headless chicken.

Look at our midfield last season. Of course he had to be the water carrier for Busi, Rakitic and Vidal. All past it.

Bobo32

He was terrible as a CDM, partly because how the rest of the team was setup, but mostly due to his own style.
The CDM position needs to be a pretty stationary role, and it's very important to be in the right place at the right time sometimes. De Jong is a pretty mobile player, and needs to be 'free' to roam and to make decisions.

I've thought, and still think to a degree, that he is too mobile and "too much inspiration, too little machine" for the interior midfield in Barcelona as well, but as serghei, I am starting to change a bit. With the right setup, Barcelona can afford to play him as a B2B, I surely like him better in that role than I ever liked Vidal or Paulinho.

I still think his optimal role would be as an advancing centre back, but let's not steer this thread in that direction right now...

Porque

The Dutch Sergi Roberto. No doubt he would be half the player he is without the advice of Big Bob.

Wonder who is out there for the Busquets role. There is no one coming through La Masia for it.

Bobo32

Busquets is a one-of-a-kind legend; the same way that you cannot expect to replace Alves or Messi you cannot just replace him. But someone will need to take his place in maybe 5 years, let's see. (Rakitic was actually quite good in that role)
It won't be De Jong, he likes to be in the halfspace, to dribble and to run. I think he is at his best around both boxes - we've seen him being a quite good finisher, and he's also very calm around his own box.

Porque

In saying that Jandro Orellana has actually surpassed my expectation and has developed really well as a DMC for the B team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans