Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

delancey

Hard neck to claim it is about salary when see what Busi, Alb, Pique are on and how much club are offering to Christensen and Kessie. Out of all those FDJ offers most value when looking purely at salaries.

I have no doubt that if Xavi had to make a choice between keeping either FDJ or Busquets, he would choose the latter. It is unfortunate but still understandable. The aforementioned Catalan players were his team mates, Busquets being his BFF while playing together. Not an easy decision to make, but one that could slow down the rebuilding process. I agree that If the club is motivated by wage cuts, the senior Catalan players should be the first to leave. Of course, none of them would command a transfer fee anywhere near the amount selling FDJ would.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I have no doubt that if Xavi had to make a choice between keeping either FDJ or Busquets, he would choose the latter. It is unfortunate but still understandable. The aforementioned Catalan players were his team mates, Busquets being his BFF while playing together. Not an easy decision to make, but one that could slow down the rebuilding process. I agree that If the club is motivated by wage cuts, the senior Catalan players should be the first to leave. Of course, none of them would command a transfer fee anywhere near the amount selling FDJ would.

You would normally expect lot's of rumours about Busquets leaving Barca...but no it's FDJ :pique:

khaled_a_d

Coutinho deal is exactly what Romero reported it iirc, although it was Polo who broke the news.

Romero clearly has someone in the board, I think it is either happening or the board asked him to for it as a favour in order to create an auction or something

Last edited:

JamDav1982

The club would not use journalists to create an auction. They dont need them for that.

May however be testing waters for fans reaction.

Bobo32

Yeah, as much as I don't think he is suited for DMC, he might still be the best bet for someone to try and take that place after Busquets. He is already in the squad, and seems to be partly ambitious and willing to learn. With Gavi, Pedri and very hopefully but very unlikely Puig in front, I think he should be able to do pretty well from that position, after the winger positions are improved too.

I was so, so happy that he arrived, and always hoped he'd improve the stuff he needs to, because I truly love parts of his game, a true favourite player for me, one that could define a generation. So far he is playing in the wrong way in Barcelona, seems he gets the wrong instructions and tips.

Birdy

It's not a rumor. What was rumor created on his part was that the transfer was 95% sure to happen.

That was the whole news mate
To say that UTD via Ten Haag are interested in FDJ is no news...

Whether someone from the board leaked it to him to create a climate, IDK

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This might backfire on the club if Frenkie says hell na to Man Utd and they don't get bids anywhere close from a CL team as they'd know Barca would be desperate

vuji_31

He is quality player in best age, PSG and City could go yolo because they need player like this. Money is not problem for them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Whoever told Romero from the club is pathetic.

Getting Frenkie riled up, getting the fans riled up to achieve what? In the end if FDJ ends up staying because nobody wants to buy him for the price we ask for, or Frenkie himself says no, what do we do? Great way to upset the morale of a player. And setting a bad example for everybody else, "we don't care what you think, you are just a piece of commodity".

Bartomeu or Laporta, this club really never learns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans