Gareth Bale

Bertus

Messi must be worth 200 million then if this goes through. He's much better than bale.
300m even.

And Messi is only 2 years older.

I think Bale is the next top player, but it's not as if he'll become better than Ronaldo and Messi in 2 more years.

Neymar has two great feet, whereas Bale basically uses his right foot just for standing on, it is truly disgusting. :puke:

But comparing Bale to Ronaldo, I'd say that the only areas Bale is a better at the moment are:

- Superior dribbler at pace - An Insult to Ronaldo! Bale can't even dribble very good. All he does is beating you with raw pace. That's why the fastest Fbs in the EPL had no problem with him.
- Better long-shot - I'd say they are pretty even at that but both exceptionally good at it.
- Defensively more astute, with his Left-Back upbringing - Being better defensively than Ronaldo is like saying, He isn't as dirty as Pepe. It's hard to find a worse defensive player than Ronaldo.
- I'd also say Bale is a better diver than Ronaldo as well - Bale is horrible at diving, if he wasn't British the media would've already destroyed him
;)

In every other category, Ronaldo is ahead of Bale.

My opinion! All in all Barcelona should have a Levy day or something. Nobody in the history of the game managed to fuck Real Madrid like this off the pitch.

Bertus

200m. with their prices messi is with half a billion easy, 350 at the least

I really hope for perez that Bale will not disappoint, because this time, spanish people will not agree if Papa Juan Carlos tries to erase a part of their debt again.

And I guess Perez plan to make a killing on the Bale's trademark.

If Bale does an average season, he'll not even be able to rack on it.

I hope for Madrid's fans that they realize Perez is making a bet and that it can turn out ugly.

Even for RM, 120m is not a penny buy. It's massive, and it concerns a club rumored to have near 900 millions of debt already (from a french newspaper, dunno if it's true or not.)

Bertus

IIRC he scored 9 of his 21 goals from outside the penalty box last season. NINE . The most in the EPL.

That's a massive 43% of goals scored from distance. :ohmy:

1/ Ronaldo scored more goals globaly.
2/ If Ronaldo was playing in a team where he's pretty much alone to be good he won't be able to be close to the goal as often and would try more long shots, hence would score more from distance.
3/ Personal opinion, but I'm not convinced at all by the goalkeepers level of the PL. Maybe that impression is not representative tho.

raskolnikov

How is Madrid not totally in debt? Their policy is terrible, just spend millions each year and never win anything. We win everything yet are rumoured to have a higher debt than them.
I cant find the official numbers but there is no way they dont owe the banks a shitload of money.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
How is Madrid not totally in debt? Their policy is terrible, just spend millions each year and never win anything. We win everything yet are rumoured to have a higher debt than them.
I cant find the official numbers but there is no way they dont owe the banks a shitload of money.

Madrid have the backing of the Spanish government and are corrupt beyond believe. They make deals to get some of their debts forgiven; They receive loans on extremely favorable terms; They cook books to hide real earnings and expenditures.

I mean the main example is there this season. They are about to spend 200M in one season counting Bale, Illara, Isco and Ancelotti. That's crazy.

They also claim they got 12M and 11M respectively for Albiol and Callejon. That's a lie. No one in their right mind is paying 12M for Raul Albiol. NO ONE.

oggydude

At least Madrid is in debt due to buying big name superstars, us at United were a major force in the transfer market and able to compete with the best in the world before the Glazers came in brought the club via loans and put the debt on the club. The fact that United cannot even buy the best of the british players is disappointing especially as Bale is rumoured to been a United fan as child due to his hero Giggs and eventual admiration of Ronaldo.

Bale will do very well at Real, but the technical ability between Ronaldo and Bale is big, Bale has an amazing shot and is extremely quick with good technical ability, whereas Ronaldo has an amazing shot and is extremely quick with world class technical ability. Losing the ball against Madrid with both Ronaldo and Bale pouncing on the counter will be deadly. Its funny how you guys buy a Messi-light, that Real have to respond buy buying a Ronaldo-light.

oz187

How is Madrid not totally in debt?
Madrid like Barca have been massively increasing their revenue. They make over 500M a year now. When you buy a player, it's not just for one year, you usually get a contract for five years. Over that five year period Real Madrid will have earnt 2.5 Billion in revenue. So that they can spend hundreds of millions over that five year period is not a surprise.

Also, when Rosell first came in, Barca had a higher wage bill than Real Madrid, even though the revenue was a bit lower. I don't know how it stands now, but obviously with Barca having players like Puyol and Xavi at the club for so long and earning better and better contracts that makes the wages higher and thus the availability of funds for transfers lower in comparison.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
120 million is insane for any player! And let's not fool ourselves, Cristiano is going to be the focal point of RM's attack, so it's even more ludicrous paying such amount of money for supporting cast...

I don't really understand the fixation of Florentino on Bale, but oh well, it's their Neymar-killer I guess...

S7_MUFC

I once bought up the subject of distributed TV revenue on some Barcelona forum(Can't remember if it was on this one) and most people were completely against it, I wonder if they are willing to reconsider their position....Real have so much revenue that they don't know what to do with the excess money hence they are bidding 120m for bale(300m wages and 500m revenue means a lots of extra cash to waste) while rest of la liga are having to sell their best players to foreign clubs just to break even..............

Home of Barca Fans