Gerard Piqué

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
his speed isn't world class clearly.

Sure. There's plenty of slow world-class center-backs though.

i mean t.silva, puyol, hummels, varane, ramos, pepe, kompany, d.luiz, dante and others are better without a doubt. his heading ability isn't that of a world class players.
I like Piqué but this is a lie. He is very, very weak at heading in the opposition's box. I'm fairly sure his goal against Ajax this season was his first headed goal ever.

Maybe, I still think Pique is decent but either way I don't think we need someone to score headers off corners, that's one of the last things we should look for in a centerback in my opinion, if we have Neymar-Messi-Suarez next season then I'd much rather have a good defender than someone who is meh at defending but good at scoring headers.

as far as i remember ramos and pique were both center-backs in that game. alba was a lb and azpilicueta was a rb i think. anyways pique and ramos were both CBs and pique played van persie onside. and i didn't get your logic, of course fullbacks are supposed to be ahead of centerbacks, but why should've ramos been level with pique?

Here's the picture:

10sdlee.png

Alba and Azpilicueta are ahead of Pique, just like they should be, but Ramos should be level with him, so that the fullbacks are ahead of both centerbacks. Because Pique is the CB closer to the ball, he can't see his partner or the runners behind him, so he makes the line and Ramos should be level with him. If Pique was level with Ramos, any ball over the top with Robben running on would result in at least a very good chance, probably in a goal, because the space is too large for Casillas to get to the long ball.

and i still think im somehow right because pique's crosses amount to nothing

That's because teams defend a lot deeper against us than they do against Dortmund, there's no space behind defenders for our CBs to play the ball into, all of Pique's longballs were switches to Dani or longballs out wide to Neymar and Alexis. That is a problem tactically, but is absolutely not Pique's fault.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
In this picture both Ramos and Alba positioned themselves wrong. They should be on level with Pique or Ramos even deeper and Alba on Pique's level.
Gerard did no mistake there.

Antimadridista1

Seriously… This guy never works… Should take a personal coach and train in Barcelona to be fit for next season.
I feel like he stopped being a footballer in 2011 and started being a wanker/asshole.

Antimadridista1

Br7YKhNIcAA9WiE.jpg

He looks fit to me.

I know some guys who are huge physically but they can't run more than 15minutes without being really tired. I don't give a s*it about his body ; look at Djokovic, he has the stamina.

Pique didn't play during the last month of the season, played a few games in the WC, wasn't even a starter in the last two one's and is now playing poker in Vegas. Don't need to talk about his performances in this WC.

After so many weeks of being "out", playing poker is not the best way to focus on football. You guys will talk about the pre-season… but no, not for Pique. He stopped being a football when he opened his start-up and started banging Shakira.

JamDav1982

I know some guys who are huge physically but they can't run more than 15minutes without being really tired. I don't give a s*it about his body ; look at Djokovic, he has the stamina.

Pique didn't play during the last month of the season, played a few games in the WC, wasn't even a starter in the last two one's and is now playing poker in Vegas. Don't need to talk about his performances in this WC.

After so many weeks of being "out", playing poker is not the best way to focus on football. You guys will talk about the pre-season… but no, not for Pique. He stopped being a football when he opened his start-up and started banging Shakira.

Wow, far too harsh on Pique. He had his best season in a while last year.

Who cares what he does on time off? After the dissapointment of the World Cup maybe it is best he gets away from it all.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Its his vacations. As in holidays. As in time to spend the way he wants. He had a good last season.

Hate the overreactions on this forum. "Pique's been shit since 2011" (last season?), "Neymar's been shit since he joined" (first half of last season?), etc.

raskolnikov

Cules always give Pique a pass for being shit/mediocre for years and only interested in things off the pitch. Probably just because he is Catalan and a future board member, same reason why the board lables him irreplacable each year along with Iniesta and Messi.

I could not care less what people do in their own time but with pique it always annoys me since its true that he has been getting worse since dating Shakira and people always shrug it off or deny it. You will never see him working his ass of like Puyol did in his spare time,always playing poker, swimming, relaxing, or looking for magic mushrooms.
Pep knew he was getting too easy going, thats why he wnated him gone, cause he was and still is unprofessional.

Home of Barca Fans