Gerard Piqué

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Cant blame him for the miss, Julio was too close for him to take a shot. Perhaps he could have got a penalty. There's certainly was more contact than the Alves incident but we've seen how Samuel gets away with so many body checks.

PaulFCB

Banned
Yeah, just can't imagine how it would have been without him. Imagine how fast the guy cam from being a 99th choice in Manchester's United defense to being in the 1st 11 of Barcelona and Spain NT. Was a great move to get him back.
Also he's partnership with Gabi Millito at Zaragoza will help us a lot when they will play alongside even with Inter in a week.

And of course I can't blame him for missing, it's not he's job to do the stuff in the opposite box but we didn't have someone imposing over there since Ibrahimovic was taken out.

PaulFCB

Banned
I still don't get something. 2 yellows still suspend you for the final or you are pardoned? Since we might find ourself in this situation again, similar to Alves last year with Pique...
I did understand that at the WC/Euro you get pardoned when you reach the semifinal so in case you get a Yellow you won't get suspended, thing that doesn't work in CL, but what about the final?
Last year Werder played with no Diego and other very important players and I don't see it pretty fair except only if the other team has a lot of injured players and they can't do anything about it anyway.

B

barcelonita81

Pique was awesome all around. Positioned perfectly, maintained a very high energy level and was very effective in defense and offense. I heart Gerard.

Pepe Silvia

Took the ball out the back cleanly every time, won battles. Those timed one-touch volleys killed us however, and Puyol-Pique need to do much better with those in the future. It has happened before this tie where we are caught slipping and Valdes has to clean up the mess. Estudiantes comes to mind.

barca96

what was he saying near the end?
it was after a foul on some one.
and pique was walking back while waving his hand to someone from xerez

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
It was given that playing both Marquez and Chygs was going to backfire. Pique marshalled the defence like a seasoned veteran and his presence gave us confidence and our defensive play became much more better than it was.

B

barcelonita81

It was given that playing both Marquez and Chygs was going to backfire. Pique marshalled the defence like a seasoned veteran and his presence gave us confidence and our defensive play became much more better than it was.

Agreed...it's as if a state of zen is achieved by his mere presence. ***Swooning***
No but seriously...he needs to stay healthy. It's night and day...and I'm scared of the dark.

Oh and how cute is Pique always being the first to boldly defend his short teammates. Last month w/ Alves and today with Bojan. He's like ..."Pick on someone your ownsize BAMA! You wanna piece of this?!!? Come get some!"
LOLZ. Could you imagine.

DaniAlves

Oh and how cute is Pique always being the first to boldly defend his short teammates. Last month w/ Alves and today with Bojan. He's like ..."Pick on someone your ownsize BAMA! You wanna piece of this?!!? Come get some!"
LOLZ. Could you imagine.
Yeah, I know what you mean. :lol:

ultagen2051.jpg

Home of Barca Fans