Gerard Piqué

Birdy

This is becoming annoying...

He is out injured long, and he suddenly pops up and demands to play the most important games of the season because he wants to

Koeman should leave him out.
Team is playing well, De Jong as libero is superb, Mingueza is fast and good. Araujo is solid and fit for some while...
Pique should not see the starting lineup on Saturday.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Last time he was rushed, to an important game no less, it didn't go well... Please, don't make the same mistake, just bench his ass...

Bobo32

This is becoming annoying...

He is out injured long, and he suddenly pops up and demands to play the most important games of the season because he wants to

Koeman should leave him out.
Team is playing well, De Jong as libero is superb, Mingueza is fast and good. Araujo is solid and fit for some while...
Pique should not see the starting lineup on Saturday.

What did he say?

I think he is probably a better option than Mingueza when fit, he should be perfect in that RCB position.
I can't understand why so many had Pique the scapegoat for the game against PSG, he played spectacularly well for coming back from injury, and played solidly overall, the issue wasnt with him. At least no-one showed to me what mistakes he made.
Of course it is a big risk to play a defender after being out, we saw worse examples with Araujo and Umtiti... But the manager is the one who should take the decision, the player should just try to be fit and want to play. If Pique "demands" to play the issue is still 100% with Koeman.

Birdy

Problem is his attitude:
He thinks he can start whenever he wants for the big games of the season, even when he is out of the starting XI for such a long time, and is forcing himself on Koeman using his leverage as a big member of the Amigo clan.

Football-wise I don't agree at all with your analysis:
The only position he can play in the system with 3 at the back is that of the Central CB.
He is a nightmare for the RCB, as he is not fast enough to cover the quick transitions on the whole right flank.
And then even as a CCB, when Koeman wants a Libero there only Frenkie can play
Plus, even as a CCB Araujo is better at everything relating to defense (speed to cover and not get dribbled, intercepting, blocking).

Sorry, I don't see any reason he should start ahead of anyone of the 3 above.
If one is to be taken out for Pique, this should be Lenglet as he is as a liability when it comes to transitions and covering ground as Pique.
But if Koeman plays a back 3 of Mingueza-Frenkie-Araujo, I don't see room for Gerie

Bobo32

Problem is his attitude:
He thinks he can start whenever he wants for the big games of the season, even when he is out of the starting XI for such a long time, and is forcing himself on Koeman using his leverage as a big member of the Amigo clan.

Football-wise I don't agree at all with your analysis:
The only position he can play in the system with 3 at the back is that of the Central CB.
He is a nightmare for the RCB, as he is not fast enough to cover the quick transitions on the whole right flank.
And then even as a CCB, when Koeman wants a Libero there only Frenkie can play
Plus, even as a CCB Araujo is better at everything relating to defense (speed to cover and not get dribbled, intercepting, blocking).

Sorry, I don't see any reason he should start ahead of anyone of the 3 above.
If one is to be taken out for Pique, this should be Lenglet as he is as a liability when it comes to transitions and covering ground as Pique.
But if Koeman plays a back 3 of Mingueza-Frenkie-Araujo, I don't see room for Gerie

I have no idea what he thinks, but if he thinks that way and it is as you say, it is still 100% Koemans decision, and his failure if there is any problem.

This formation is basically adding another central defender, or just putting the CDM much much lower than before. Alba and Dest played as very offensive flanks in a 4-2-3-1 and in a 4-3-3 as well. They have some more freedom now, as does the side centre backs, but there needs to be a connection between them of course. If Pique is too slow to defend, it should be less of a problem in this system than in the system where Barcelona have an extra attacker/midfielder instead of the extra central defender.

Messigician

🗣[ @fansjavimiguel🥇] | Pique used infiltrations! To play More information coming soon. 🚨🚨

My GOAT defender.

So much passion for the club and was the hero vs Sevilla

SmilerBam

��[ @fansjavimiguel��] | Pique used infiltrations! To play More information coming soon. ����

My GOAT defender.

So much passion for the club and was the hero vs Sevilla

Still, he shouldn't be rushed in a game like this. Benzema and Forrest Vinicius Gump will eat him alive.

Home of Barca Fans