Hachim Mastour

Sergio

Sergison
No lets not, that would be the last thing he needs. He's at just the right level i'd say, and under Pippo Inzaghi I can be sure he is being taught work ethic and commitment above all else.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I'm really not getting this kid's hype. He's not average by any means of the word, but there is, imo, no way he is the next Messi. His dribbling is great, though I would like to seem him against some good defenders (would be fun to play him), he's got a good foot (although, again, would be nice to see him against a good GK), great juggling, accurate passing... However, I just don't see him being that world class. Sorry, I don't know why; just seems that way to me.

However, I won't judge him fully because I've only seen highlights; does anyone know if there's a full match of his team? Or, if not, where online I can watch him play? I can't really judge a player until I've seen his linkup play, runs, vision, etc...

Who are these good defenders you speak of? I can only think of one or two playing nowadays.

But yeah he's only a young man, should in no way be hyped up yet, will only hinder his progress.

Theconomist

Who are these good defenders you speak of? I can only think of one or two playing nowadays.

But yeah he's only a young man, should in no way be hyped up yet, will only hinder his progress.

Silva
Pique (on form)
Hummels
Puyol
Carvalho
Terry

There it's not Stam,Baresi and Beckenbauer but still.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
No lets not, that would be the last thing he needs. He's at just the right level i'd say, and under Pippo Inzaghi I can be sure he is being taught work ethic and commitment above all else.

Hard work, being taught by Pippo? :pep:

Fishdoll

Bakalao
Actually yes. Pippo - whatever his sometime silliness on the pitch and his utter player status off - was consistently one of the hardest working, most dedicated guys on whichever squad he played for. he took it all very seriously.

Micah

I'm really not getting this kid's hype. He's not average by any means of the word, but there is, imo, no way he is the next Messi. His dribbling is great, though I would like to seem him against some good defenders (would be fun to play him), he's got a good foot (although, again, would be nice to see him against a good GK), great juggling, accurate passing... However, I just don't see him being that world class. Sorry, I don't know why; just seems that way to me.

However, I won't judge him fully because I've only seen highlights; does anyone know if there's a full match of his team? Or, if not, where online I can watch him play? I can't really judge a player until I've seen his linkup play, runs, vision, etc...

First off, People should take it easy on comparing any decent talent that pops in the globe with Messi. He does't even play anything like Messi, Looks more Ronaldo-ish to me. The best thing about the kid is that he's willing to go for a pass at the right time. You wouldn't usually see that in an average 15 yr old 'flashy' forward, they usually go for glory themselves but end loosing possession. He seems a brilliant talent me. And you woudn't really see much of link up play and vision in a 15 year old, now would you?
I'm surprised you don't seem to get the hype though, that's quite some moves that kid's got up his sleeve.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Actually yes. Pippo - whatever his sometime silliness on the pitch and his utter player status off - was consistently one of the hardest working, most dedicated guys on whichever squad he played for. he took it all very seriously.

I know he did a great job with his fitness but he "conserved his energy" on the pitch

Sergio

Sergison
I know he did a great job with his fitness but he "conserved his energy" on the pitch
Absolutely. He was renowned for his professionalism as a player, always the last to leave training etc. I remember after the Calciopoli verdict and it became apparent Milan were going to have to play a CL qualifying round with Red Star with only a few days notice, he was back from his holiday for training that day despite having been on WC duty. Scored the crucial gol for progression as well.

Wouterinho

Has anyone seen this guy play against top teams?
Because what I've seen from his youtube videos was impressive, but I feel like the defending was also just terrible and it just makes it a lot easier if you're playing against weaker teams/defenses.

Ronnie10

Has anyone seen this guy play against top teams?
Because what I've seen from his youtube videos was impressive, but I feel like the defending was also just terrible and it just makes it a lot easier if you're playing against weaker teams/defenses.

He probably havent featured much against top teams. At this age he wont see much tight defenses, he's 15 this year. What I dont like is too much hype around him, which is surely not wise thing to do. Milan doesnt have much experience in developing talents and currently they are overhyping him too much. The kid has become a poster for the club, he is hanging out with the first team players, he is clubbing.
I'm afraid all this gonna lead to a major failure of this kid. Other thing, from the compilations I've seen, is he's too technical, there is not much aggressiveness or speed involved. Currently he is in the transition age, where the kids he was bullying are becoming stronger, faster and smarter. All his old tricks might not work again on the same players he was making fool.
AC Milan paid 500,000 euros for this kid. I believe they paid this money to their parents. It's just crazy.

Last edited:

Rahj

wow, just out of curiosity, what are your sources for claiming that he's hanging out with fist team players for instance?

XaviMessiGirl

what are your sources for claiming that he's hanging out with fist team players for instance?

tumblr_mjepynxN3U1rnozqko1_500.jpg

Or if you mean off the pitch:

tumblr_mfad76INZJ1qcdlggo1_250.jpg

Home of Barca Fans