Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

FinBarcelonafan

I hope that Nike deal comes through and we sign some players in January.
First out Ter Stegen. Fuck him. I hope Laporta and Flick have the balls to ship this fraud out. He's a complete voucher and a shitty keeper to boot.
I agree. This is a must. We need more depth.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yeah ok, I've slept on it and can say today Flick fucked up. Already when I saw Garcia in the starting lineup I smelled trouble, but I was like "in Flick we trust" etc bullshit. But god damn we all know he's prone to make easy mistakes - maybe, just maybe don't start him in the most difficult position? Because one fuck up and we get punished. That was my exact thought before the game. Sure Tuna is shit, but a fuck up on LW doesn't almost automatically lead to to this. Flick should 100% started our most experienced and best available midfielders in the double pivot - Pedri and Casado - to protect our asses and at least don't screw up in the back. Because when I see replays it was almost as much Garcia's fault because he did make a run towards Stegen to receive the ball and AFTER the pass was released he turned around - dude, come on! We start our plays like this often, but god damn not with a noob like Garcia in a CL away game!!! So yeah, the day after I blame mostly Flick and Garcia - but sure, ter Taliban still is a poor excuse of a keeper and fucked up many times and was terrible.

Edit: Not only did Flick fuck up with the Garcia on DM decision, not subbing Lewa for fresh legs was his second mistake. It's not like Lewa can do something brilliant on his own a la Suarez, he simply can't surprise anybody - he's slow in his body and mind, can't hold up the ball for us to move up (which is crucial with 1 man down), can't get away from his defender on a counter and would 90% fuck up a 1 vs 1 with the keeper even if got away from his defender. Lewa NEVER should have been our first choice #9 this season - he sucks! Sure, the occasional tap in after our midfield steamroll a poor LL side ok - but that's all he can do. We made tons of stupid sporting decisions, but if he's still here as first choice 9 next season it will be THE biggest fuckup of the 25 years I've been a Cule - and oh my we've done some YUGE fuck ups with transfers, coaches, presidents etc.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yeah ok, I've slept on it and can say today Flick fucked up. Already when I saw Garcia in the starting lineup I smelled trouble, but I was like "in Flick we trust" etc bullshit. But god damn we all know he's prone to make easy mistakes - maybe, just maybe don't start him in the most difficult position? Because one fuck up and we get punished. That was my exact thought before the game. Sure Tuna is shit, but a fuck up on LW doesn't almost automatically lead to to this. Flick should 100% started our most experienced and best available midfielders in the double pivot - Pedri and Casado - to protect our asses and at least don't screw up in the back. Because when I see replays it was almost as much Garcia's fault because he did make a run towards Stegen to receive the ball and AFTER the pass was released he turned around - dude, come on! We start our plays like this often, but god damn not with a noob like Garcia in a CL away game!!! So yeah, the day after I blame mostly Flick and Garcia - but sure, ter Taliban still is a poor excuse of a keeper and fucked up many times and was terrible.

difficult dude, MaTs shouldnt have passed to Garcia who was surrounded by 2 Monaco players, on the left or right side were enough space where he could have passed or play a long ball, Garcia cant do much there imo

but one thing the defenders need to learn is not doing a foul when you can get a red card in the beginning of the matches, i mean even if they would have scored it's way easier to turn around the match with 11 men than have to play with 10 men

Chomutov

Edit: Not only did Flick fuck up with the Garcia on DM decision, not subbing Lewa for fresh legs was his second mistake. It's not like Lewa can do something brilliant on his own a la Suarez, he simply can't surprise anybody - he's slow in his body and mind, can't hold up the ball for us to move up (which is crucial with 1 man down), can't get away from his defender on a counter and would 90% fuck up a 1 vs 1 with the keeper even if got away from his defender. Lewa NEVER should have been our first choice #9 this season - he sucks! Sure, the occasional tap in after our midfield steamroll a poor LL side ok - but that's all he can do. We made tons of stupid sporting decisions, but if he's still here as first choice 9 next season it will be THE biggest fuckup of the 25 years I've been a Cule - and oh my we've done some YUGE fuck ups with transfers, coaches, presidents etc.
Good Post. Thing is you never play players in such a delicate position when they are not used to it. Garcia played as a defensive midfielder a few minutes this season, whole last season he played in central defense für Girona. How on earth can you start someone in a CL tie on the road when it is obvious He has no clue how to to do it properly ? What's more Garcia absolutely had no match practice. This is just a ridiculous decision by Flick. Last but not least he should have put fresh legs out there
from minute 60...you need runners in that situation

Gnidrologist

Tbf Monaco confirmed last night that they were the best team we faced since Flick joined. They play good football, with intensity and that's when we always crumble.
:lol: Yes, and we always play with red card right from the beginning, while having half of starting lineup injured. If anything, this match, given these citcumstances, gives optimism.
We would've playing same football and have similar score without any of these problems under Xavi.
Only thing that remains equal is Ter Turd being craptastic butthole of a keeper. Nothing Hansi can do about that.

malvolio

:lol: Yes, and we always play with red card right from the beginning, while having half of starting lineup injured. If anything, this match, given these citcumstances, gives optimism.
We would've playing same football and have similar score without any of these problems under Xavi.
Only thing that remains equal is Ter Turd being craptastic butthole of a keeper. Nothing Hansi can do about that.
We looked poor at defending set pieces(that's not influenced by playing with 10). We looked poor at controlling the play when Monaco didn't press(can have an excuse here, but Pedri has been horrendous). We had no ideas in attack other than a moment of brilliance from Yamal. All same issues encountered before when Barca faces decent teams in CL.

You can make a case about having 10 men on the field, but fact is we were outplayed all night long. And some of the issues displayed weren't down to having one man less.

Home of Barca Fans