Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

serghei

The team played in a 4-3-3 in the majority of the games during Xavi. Even vs PSG he played using all of raphinha, yamal and lewandowski. So... I doubt there is gonna be major changes in the team's structure. Gavi and Balde gonna be back so that's good for midfield and defense. This is gonna be the main improvement in terms of squad also. Don't see us signing any top player this summer. Much of the same squad, plus some starters recovering from injury is gonna be it.

Maradona37

Lewandowski has been a great goalscorer throughout his career, but Barcelona really shouldn't be relying on a guy who will turn 36 before the season starts, in my opinion.

I know they don't have much option though, such is the bed that they've made for themselves. I'd still try to give others a chance though or even play with a false 9. Lewa is well on the way down.

gregorrin10

The team played in a 4-3-3 in the majority of the games during Xavi. Even vs PSG he played using all of raphinha, yamal and lewandowski. So... I doubt there is gonna be major changes in the team's structure. Gavi and Balde gonna be back so that's good for midfield and defense. This is gonna be the main improvement in terms of squad also. Don't see us signing any top player this summer. Much of the same squad, plus some starters recovering from injury is gonna be it.
I think we'll (be able to) sign Merino, and he's gonna be the Romeu replacement (massive upgrade!). A very good option for one of the two pivot roles, changing with Frenkie, Gavi (and also Gundogan for when Pedri is fit). Fermin I see as the CAM option behind Pedri, Gundogan (and in some games Raphinha, who could actually really thrive there) and also LW to give him more (enough) playing time.

A Frenkie-Merino (and later Gavi) double pivot is more than enough cover defensively. With Merino staying back and offering that added protection, all while hopefully finally unlocking Frenkie to his full potential. Yes, we'll still be without that pure defensive midfielder, but the change to 2 pivots should be able to help to minimize that weakness as much as it can. So I still see Nico as the most important signing we can make, would make us so much better and dangerous up front, would also give us that 'Dumbele unpredictability' back, but this time with the added good decision making, not to mention youth and the added chemistry, especially in regards to our jewel Yamal. So just please, gtfo with the likes of Olmo or even Diaz (for who we hopefully don't and won't have enough money anyway).

Nico is the one, and the majority in the club seem to think this way, plus most importantly, apparently Flick now too. So just back tf off, Deco (and also Laporta with his pal Mendes and fucking dragging freaking Felix back in) and let everyone get who they/we want. Ansu can stay as the main backup (if his fitness holds up and he can convince Flick), and even if not, there's also Fermin, Ferran and even Raphinha seems to be finding his feet there lately, if we want to go Raphinha-Pedri-Yamal behind the striker. Regarding the latter, Roque needs to stay and actually start getting chances, for Lewandowski, who Flick needs to manage very carefully) and his own and our sake too honestly. No point in letting him go this early and then also having to bring in another striker too, when we already have enough issues in the team to deal with this summer anyway. Let's at least give the kid a season to see what he's made of. And actually play him regularly of course. Not to mention Flick's direct style should really suit him much better.

As for the midfield, literally no reason not to change the shape, cause literally every one of our midfielders is more (perfectly!) suited to 4-2-3-1, and that's also been Flick's preferred formation. These reports about Lewandowski having two wingers beside him doesn't change that. Still needs 'a Muller' behind him too. The change in formation helps us both attacking and defensively wise, and most of all, in midfield. Will be really surprised and disappointed if the formation change doesn't happen. We already went with the shift in manager personality/nationality and most likely style, time to give Flick the keys and let him do his thing formation wise too. Especially when literally every one in our team is also more suited for that formation. I really hope Flick also sees this and goes with the 4-2-3-1. And yes, it's still not a major change in the team's structure anyway, literally just a midfield shape up, to basically make everyone play better, I believe.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

I will never understand why people are upset about this. Who is supposed to score goals? Lewandowski was by far Barca’s best goalscorer. Our second best goalscorer in the league is Fermin. And the things aren’t about to change. As for now, the fact remains Lewandowski will play as long as there is nobody to do what he does, and that is score goals.
Yep. Hopefully Roque stays and gets a real chance too, at least this season to show if he got what it takes, all while keeping Lewandowski fresh for the biggest moments. Best case scenario overtaking him through the season as the starter. With Flick actually playing him regularly of course. But in any case, with the Nike deal and Camp Nou finished by then, in 2025 it's pretty much we'll go big for a top striker then anyway. So no point in doing this now, when Lewandowski does have one more year in him, with Roque hopefully backing him for real (not to mention maybe even Ferran and/or Ansu (if he stays) able to maybe play there), especially while we have many other position priorities to take care of this summer first.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Porque

4231 has never reality worked out well for Barcelona. But I think there's a difference between the way Flick wants to play it under a high pressing German system and the way we tried it previously under Koeman (initially), Rijkaard (initially) And other failed adventures such as Charly Rexach.

Home of Barca Fans