Henrique

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
You're accusing me of "hiding behind official views" when all along I've only ever been reporting the club's intentions as voiced by Txiki Bergiristain. Yes we're talking about 09/10 season during which Henrique will be out on loan and the two youngsters will be playing some minutes in the first team. My point was that Henrique will then come back to find two more players already assimilated within the first team squad when he's never played a minute for Barça in a proper game.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
puyol and piqué are dead certs.

pep wants chygrynskiy, and I can sorta see why.

and then there's marquez who could feature if he deigns to stay fit.

muniesa is obviously a future star and fontas has been remarkably solid in an unspectacular way - I think he'll get game-time.

S

Snyde

:lol: Enjoy the absurdity CA.

We are still pushing for the Shakhtar guy. So he wil probably be our backup. I've seen Henrique quite a few times last year and he mostly looked solid. Did excellent work at RB too. Maybe he has nerves or can't adapt to our system but he sure has looked a shadow of what he showed with Neverkusen. The problem is we don't have the patience to see him improve with us.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How is that Snyde? :whatever:

CA: And I`m talking about this season in which the club needs an additional defender, particularly if they decide to loan Henrique out. Funnily enough, Pep also seems to think the same as he`s pushing Txiki for Chygrynskiy.
Difference in our views is that you feel we are better off with Muniesa this season whereas I think Henrique would do a better job.

JALJM

but Snyde, has he even played 100 mins this preseason? Not really enough to make an impression. I can only assume he's been messing up in training sessions as well.
I agree with Bojan that it seems unlikely Muniesa, who hasnt played at Barca Atletic yet, is more solid. Henrique has already played full seasos at top flight in Brazil, where he was excellent, and at Leverkusen, where he was ok. Hard to imagine the youngsters are better, unless, as meta says, his nerves can't handle a big club.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
How is that Snyde? :whatever:

CA: And I`m talking about this season in which the club needs an additional defender, particularly if they decide to loan Henrique out. Funnily enough, Pep also seems to think the same as he`s pushing Txiki for Chygrynskiy.
Difference in our views is that you feel we are better off with Muniesa this season whereas I think Henrique would do a better job.

I haven't said that though, in all honesty I don't think Muniesa is ready to be a regular, he's where Bojan was a season or two ago and needs to be introduced slowly but consistently to give him the necessary experience which he can build on. I don't think Henrique's the answer either and probably won't be and I don't agree with signing a player who can't play in the CL.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn`t say you said that Muniesa is a starting 11 material. It`s the question of having a player ready to jump in when necessary and with Marquez being injury prone lately we could be facing troubles. Also, am I the only one who rated Fontas better than Muniesa in this pre-season?

JALJM

sort of. Fontas looked better technically, and at taking the ball forward out of defence. That may be because he plays a lot in midfield.
However, there were so few attacks against us neither were really tested defensively. I mean, neither Puyol nor Marquez stood in preseason either when they were playing. Pique exudes awesome though...

Last edited:
M

Mido1

Unfortunately Henrique lacked confidence in his play during this tour. It seems that he puts a lot of pressure on himself ( playing for a big team as Barca with a coach like pep :p ). However, he should have let that aside and played his game. Am really worried that he lost his chance with the team as with last game when he didn't even play.

Regarding Fontas, he looks really promising with extreme confidence for a young player, I like his style and how solid he looks. All I can say is this

C. Ronaldo, 94 mil
Kaka 65 mil
El Cantera, priceless :flagvl8:

G

Grif O.

I didn`t say you said that Muniesa is a starting 11 material. It`s the question of having a player ready to jump in when necessary and with Marquez being injury prone lately we could be facing troubles. Also, am I the only one who rated Fontas better than Muniesa in this pre-season?

No. I'm not a huge Muniesa fan - I prefer Fontas hands down. As JALJM said, he's more technically reliable and, in a team with so much creative talent, you really need someone consistent out of the back. Muniesa has promise, and seems to be the most physical of the young defenders. That's important, since Puyol has to cover most of the muscle at the moment. I'd still like to see Chryg come in. If we can get him for a discounted price because of the CL issue, he'll be a smart addition to help us make Ronaldo and Benzema cry.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Guardiola decided to left out Henrique from the squad list for the Super Cup. It´s bye-bye Henrique :sad:

S

snoop

I would honestly keep Henrique as back up instead of going for Chryg. Many og u guys were saying that we shouldnt get Eboue because of the African Cup but if Chryg is CL tied isnt that worse? I pray Milito gets back fit soon and Marques recovers soon because in addition to them we have Pique, Puyol, Henrique and Fontas for CB. i like Fontas and i feel he would do well against the big teams because of his technical ability. I pray that Barca dont buy Chryg after what happened with Caceres and what seems to be happening with Henrique. Keep the defenders we have now and just look for another midfielder. Look at the other big teams in Europe. They do not have have much choices as Barca yet Barca want to buy more in this position?

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
may be wishful thinking but i really wish they would turn henrique into our back up right back he looked good there in that game against... maybe it was seattle.. i feel pep is being to hard on him bc he is not pep's first choice

Home of Barca Fans