Houssem Aouar

mc_lovin

Hes good, but I would rather trust Puig and Pedri for now. We should focus on positions where we dont have talent coming up.

Riordon

He is so good and has been on this level for three seasons. Constantly performing top class. I wanted both him and Frenkie in late December 2017 but really with Puig I dont think we should go for him. Just buy some runners ffs. Fix like 90% of our issues.

snowy

He is so good and has been on this level for three seasons. Constantly performing top class. I wanted both him and Frenkie in late December 2017 but really with Puig I dont think we should go for him. Just buy some runners ffs. Fix like 90% of our issues.

yup yup I remember you were pushing for him when I kept asking for Havertz + a poney for my birthday. Best Lyon player by far this game. Way he played tonight, could enter any team's starting 11.

Aouar! :thumbsup:

wisconsincule

I went back and read this thread from the start. Jair was right.

They were able to keep him and he was integral in their run to the semis.

Messi983

I've been on his bandwagon for years as well.

TBH I don't really rate Puig so high (I think he'll be a good squad player for a few years but will never fully establish himself as a starter; I have much higher expectations for Pedri) to not sign a player like Aouar because of him. He has played as a 10 or as a LW and has now develop into a great 8. But with his improving defensive contribution I do believe he could eventually even play as a 6 so a role I expect Pjanić to play for us next season and in 2-3 years (especially most likely with Xavi as our coach trying to replicate Pep's team - now if that's a good or bad thing is another question) we could play something like Aouar-FDJ-Pedri against most opponents. We would obviously need someone like Keita to add defensive stability in tougher games though.

But now with not much money to spend and many other needs he would be a luxury signing at this point so we'll never get him. But he'll undoubtely be a great player for whichever team will buy him.

Vilarrubi

I went back and read this thread from the start. Jair was right.

They were able to keep him and he was integral in their run to the semis.

When is Jair ever wrong? First time in PSG history they make it past Quarter Finals and Lyon in semis too.... farmers league? Who’s laughing now. Expect a decade of dominance from the French teams now. France will top the coefficients, have 5 CL spots, PSG will win CL next year against Marseille in the final, Rennes will win the Europa league. And so on. La Liga, Serie A, Premier League and Bundesliga will bow down to the Uber Eats league.

Laplacian

Aouar is an experienced CL performer, is extremely physical, quick, and a complete midfielder. He's a perfect CM and what does this team desperately needs. Puig has shown "promise", but not even half a season worth of promise. Why would you place the back of a supposed top 3 team in the world in the backs of an inexperienced 21 year old midfielder? If Puig is talented, he'll fight with Aouar for a spot and if he's good enough he'll be a constant starter. If he's not he can fuck off.

I honestly don't see the constant obsession with "La Masia" to the point of succumbing to mediocrity amongst fans. We should be aiming to secure the best talents all over the world, if the academy graduates can fight with them then so be it, they stay on the team and start. We shouldn't ward off potential world class players because it might be bad for the academy graduates. It's the kind of bulllshit that allowed Sergi Roberto to stay here for so long when we should have dumped him ages ago for a competent midfielder.

Andresito

Staff member
Well it's not like we can afford the 50-60m Lyon want for him anyway.

You think he'll go for lower/same price as Ndombele? I expect more towards Frenkie pricing, especially with bigger clubs than Spurs fighting for him. Around 75M. Contract until 2023 too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You think he'll go for lower/same price as Ndombele? I expect more towards Frenkie pricing, especially with bigger clubs than Spurs fighting for him. Around 75M. Contract until 2023 too.

Aulas is usually pretty decent when it comes to allowing his players leave for reasonable fees as long as it isn't to a club he despises :lol:

Home of Barca Fans