Ibrahim Afellay

Jadentheman

^Woah kinda harsh much? I know Barca is in Catalonia, but I don't strike the club as being pro-catalan much. Barca was founded and created by a diverse group of people. But yes Afellay shouldn't be so clingy. I realized much people like the fact to be on the best team in the world and sit the bench for them. I mean you still get the title of Champions league winner and everything

Gervinho

He needs to get the eff out. I am not sure why he is so clingy, just get the fuck out and enjoy your next 4 years of being somewhat relevant. Seriously, he has been shown/told and proved to that he won't get any minutes and even if the fact that his performances didn't help his case, he isn't Catalan or homegrown and you know how obsessed Barcelona are with those two criteria, it took Barcelona 2 years to look beyond the flag on Fontas' for head to realize he is shit.
lack of pride...no other reason. any player who has been told by the manager you might as well leave as you wont get any minutes and the player doesnt leave. Then there's really something wrong with their mentality. Its one thing to be on the bench and fight for a place. But when the manager tells you son move on......then leave

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's a dim take to conclude a player wanting to stay and win minutes through his play is somehow being thick even if the manager is telling you to move on - especially with him really just coming back from injury...I think it's a credit to the player that he believed he could convince the manager not unlike the way Samu did with Pep...He just didn't make the most of his chances unlike Samu who was on fire that summer

A competitive athlete like that perhaps was fulfilling a major dream to play here and even shined in one of it's historic Clasicos...To get a glimpse of that I imagine is no easy dream to let go

Gervinho

It's a dim take to conclude a player wanting to stay and win minutes through his play is somehow being thick even if the manager is telling you to move on - especially with him really just coming back from injury...I think it's a credit to the player that he believed he could convince the manager not unlike the way Samu did with Pep...He just didn't make the most of his chances unlike Samu who was on fire that summer

A competitive athlete like that perhaps was fulfilling a major dream to play here and even shined in one of it's historic Clasicos...To get a glimpse of that I imagine is no easy dream to let go
It takes alot for a manager to say to a player you should consider to move on. A manager wants as many players as possible for even the worst situations. When he reaches a level where he says that to you even after taking into consideration worst case of injuries and he still want you to leave.....then you leave. A competitive athlete would never settle for being backup player when he knows he has no chance to get a place in the team. They move on

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Doesn't sound like my experiences with athletics, a competitive drive always makes an athlete believe you are or can be better...it's the essence of competitive athletics

Yugi

Klaas Jan Huntelaar ‏@KJ_Huntelaar

I want to welcome Ibrahim Afellay at #S04.!! Tomorrow training at 16.00.. Don't forget ;) wilkommen Ibrahim Afellay..!
https://twitter.com/KJ_Huntelaar

well he is off to Schalke, good luck Ibi you are great man and great footballer, best of luck

BarcaGirl

Best of luck to Ibi at Schalke. We hope we won't get drawn in the same CL group with you cos that would be really weird…

Home of Barca Fans