Ibrahim Afellay

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Luis Enrique is satisfied with Afellay's work so far. Although the player was set to leave, he'll get the chance to compete for a spot. [md]

I'm delighted. He can still make a difference. I hope his last year at our club will be a good one.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Sometimes I forget he's even on our squad... And sometimes I think he spent too much time with JDS and now is overly attached to the club...

BerkeleyBernie

Sometimes I forget he's even on our squad... And sometimes I think he spent too much time with JDS and now is overly attached to the club...

Injuries, then having to compete for time on his return with Neymar, Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Alexis, Roberto (and Song). But the qualities that brought him to Barça are still there. Time/Lucho will tell if he can feature more.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Injuries, then having to compete for time on his return with Neymar, Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Alexis, Roberto (and Song). But the qualities that brought him to Barça are still there. Time/Lucho will tell if he can feature more.

Yeah, I'm not saying he's a bad player... Just that I think that staying at the club isn't the best for him, as he could be a starter in other teams...

BerkeleyBernie

Yeah, I'm not saying he's a bad player... Just that I think that staying at the club isn't the best for him, as he could be a starter in other teams...

I completely agree, but maybe he thinks he can get play time this year. He certainly needs to get some match time if he is to figure at the Euros for Holland.

sabby

Afellay is a lot better than Jds. he is faster and more skillful. I'd be happy if he gets back to his old form.

BerkeleyBernie

Everybody played yesterday beside ibi. That is unfair. I hope he will play the next match

Could have been he wasn't 100%. Could have been that Lucho wanted to see more of the Barça B players against better opponents. Lucho already knows what Ibi can do. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Home of Barca Fans