İlkay Gündoğan

BJJ

In his interview to the media he was pretty pissed off with his team mates. He expected more emotion and disappointment with the loss. Of course our soy boys just took it up the ass and probably went on their mobiles.
This club needs more leaders and more character in the dressing room. Too often our players are just willing to take a defeat and shrug it off as something that happens.

BJJ

Asked about how much the result hurt Barcelona mentally, Gundogan said: "I have to be honest, not as much as I wish.

"Because I don’t want to say something wrong to be honest, but I was in the dressing and of course people are disappointed but especially after such a big game and such a result, I wish more frustration, more anger and more disappointment.

"This is a little bit the problem. I don’t know, there has to be more emotion, especially when you lose and you know you can perform better and do better in certain situations and you just don’t react and this just transfers to the pitch at the end of the day.

"We need to make a huge step in that otherwise Real Madrid or even Girona is going to run away.

"I didn’t come here to lose these types of games or to let that gap create. There’s also a responsibility from myself, from a more experienced player, to not allow the squad to just let things happen, we need resistance."

Messigician

Asked about how much the result hurt Barcelona mentally, Gundogan said: "I have to be honest, not as much as I wish.

"Because I don’t want to say something wrong to be honest, but I was in the dressing and of course people are disappointed but especially after such a big game and such a result, I wish more frustration, more anger and more disappointment.

"This is a little bit the problem. I don’t know, there has to be more emotion, especially when you lose and you know you can perform better and do better in certain situations and you just don’t react and this just transfers to the pitch at the end of the day.

"We need to make a huge step in that otherwise Real Madrid or even Girona is going to run away.

"I didn’t come here to lose these types of games or to let that gap create. There’s also a responsibility from myself, from a more experienced player, to not allow the squad to just let things happen, we need resistance."
LMFAO

That can't be real

Xavi has 0 authority when players say this type of shit

JamDav1982

He is right.

That way Xavi rates some players and praises certain aspects of games Barca are found wanting is a bore and same time after time.

Too often claims Barca played well and deserved more or makes excuses for dropping points.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Great words from him. Would be interesting to know which particular players he meant.
I suspect Xavi is a lot to be blamed here by enabling the victim mentality.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He essentially played his entire career under madmen like Klopp, Tuchel and Pep so if Xavi is laid-back and doesn't demand the same intensity and all that it makes sense that it's a shock for him. Especially in what's supposed to be an elite club here which haven't behaved like one for some time.

Bro acts like he didn't come here to enjoy his retirement in sunny Barcelona.

Except he hasn't? He's putting the effort in.

Birdy

Gundo is a combination of winning mentality and coached through insane demands-attention to detail by his previous WC managers

Now, of course, he would be shocked seeing snowflake culture in the dressing room on the one hand, and on the other 'Mister' being whiny, entitled and not demanding the same standards from his players or doesn't even know what these high standards re

ajnotkeith

It's not that Xavi doesn't demand intensity in general, he does, but Xavi is not very big on self criticism, if the team loses, usually some excuse is found, like the referees, injuries, we weren't clinical enough etc without acknowledging the mistakes made and places that they could have done better.

This is partly why we have had no chance in CL for a while now. This mentality that it is an unfair competition has seeped in and that if you lose there it's just bad luck and doesn't mean anything.

Players like Gundogan are winners. He's not used to being at a club where people excuse the losses. He will have been surprised at seeing that at a club of this size.

Home of Barca Fans