İlkay Gündoğan

FinBarcelonafan

Never doubted him from day one. He was captain of a treble winning side and always stepped up in the big moments .

Peps first signing at City for a reason. He’s unbelievably intelligent on the pitch.

Remarkable footballer.

I didn't doubt him because he came for the right reasons. He wanted to play for Barca and had motivation left. We need these type of players, not Arda Turans or Coutinhos of the world who are happy to do nothing.

FinBarcelonafan

Everyone could tell this guy was a prototype Barca midfielder when he was at BVB.

Crazy how players like him and B Silva got overlooked for the Coutinho, Gomes, Turan etc...

You are underestimating Gomes, in the end the guy had Bdor clause in his contract. Little respect.

Turan was generational shoe thrower. Haven't seen anyone else do it better since him. Also generational kebab eater, but he's been overshadowed by Hazard. Underrated.

Coutinho, yeah he was a flop.

:D

jamrock

And now the forum understands what a top midfielder looks like.

We haven't had that in so long

Silva is less about age and more about should he spend 50-60m on him right now, I say no, but on a free definitely.

FinBarcelonafan

Silva is less about age and more about should he spend 50-60m on him right now, I say no, but on a free definitely.

Exactly. Don't spend 50-60mil. I want to spend that money on younger players with great potential. Find free agents who want to play here and win something like Gundo.

Joan

Exactly. Don't spend 50-60mil. I want to spend that money on younger players with great potential. Find free agents who want to play here and win something like Gundo.
Don’t underestimate Gundo’s transfer. We literally signed one of the best if not the best CMs in the world who’s highly motivated to play for Barca. If he won a big trophy here, it would be among our best transfers.

Temptation

Defended Gundogan since day 1 when people wrote him off after 2 poor games. Always said he'll be class for Barca. Another W for me.

Now take my advice and get Bernardo Silva. There's hardly any player in the world who is more of a 'Barcelona player' than Bernardo. He was born to play for this club. :lol:

iniestaGOAT

Defended Gundogan since day 1 when people wrote him off after 2 poor games. Always said he'll be class for Barca. Another W for me.

Now take my advice and get Bernardo Silva. There's hardly any player in the world who is more of a 'Barcelona player' than Bernardo. He was born to play for this club. :lol:

There is no W for you here. This is an L for you. You showed up at day 100. Mid season.

Temptation

For the casuals, I'll explain it in FIFA terms.

He's a very very good player but the level below World Class.

He'd be an 85/86 ovr kinda player rather than a world class 89/90 in FIFA.

I do rate him.

Holy shit! This place is reactionary. Let the lad breathe. It's 1 game. :lol:

Great player. Good move for him.

This is how you defend a player! @Horatio
Tbf, this bloke downgraded from Pep to Xavi.

That's like downgrading from Scarlett Johansson to Amy Schumer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

50m for a player of Bernardo Silva's quality is a bargain to be honest.
But it depends on how much we can spend and our priorities.

Home of Barca Fans