İlkay Gündoğan

serghei

They shouldn't have given him that contract then.

Olmo has averaged being out for 20 games last three seasons and we all know about Pedri. How much do you trust Pablo Torre and Fermin to start a lot of games if both players miss a lot of time?

I think it'd be OK if he leaves, but the club keep shooting itself in the foot over these things.

If you don't give him that contract he is not coming here. Simple.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If you don't give him that contract he is not coming here. Simple.

That's one of the issues. If we don't give him a three year contract he probably stays at Man City who wanted to keep him, especially Pep.
Now you possibly want to get rid of him after one year.
This is one of the cases where I won't blame the player for being pissed and staying no matter what. The club shouldn't offer such contracts if they need to get rid of it after a year even when the player has performed to an acceptable level.

Birdy

Helena Condonis (Tier 1) reports that Gundo is open to leaving, and that she thinks he will eventually leave!
SHOCK!

I haven't commented at all on the rumors the past few days, because I thought that was another usual smear campaign made of fabricated rumors that Fatporta and his board are notorious for ! (Have done it consistently with whoever they want to push out Frenkie, Raphina, Ansu, etc.)

But hearing from credible sources that the player wants to go is a shock.
Can't think of a reason why. It can't be that he is afraid of the competition with Olmo and Fermin.
Besides these two are gonna play LW most of the time.
Everybody knows we ain't signing Nico or a LW before the window closes

Helena Condonis (Tier 1) reports that Gundo is open to leaving, and that she thinks he will eventually leave!
SHOCK!

I haven't commented at all on the rumors the past few days, because I thought that was another usual smear campaign made of fabricated rumors that Fatporta and his board are notorious for ! (Have done it consistently with whoever they want to push out Frenkie, Raphina, Ansu, etc.)

But hearing from credible sources that the player wants to go is a shock.
Can't think of a reason why. It can't be that he is afraid of the competition with Olmo and Fermin.
Besides these two are gonna play LW most of the time.
Everybody knows we ain't signing Nico or a LW before the window closes
Helena Condis is the worst journalist in Spain.
She was ridiculous when she debate on :
"el chiringuito".
She works for MD, but those rumours came from Sport the other newspaper.

Lets me explain you something : is laporta who said to the journalist what they have to write.
Laporta was saying that will be no more leaks in the press... but he's the snitch.

Greats news if we can sell gundo and win some salary cap.

serghei

This is one of the cases where I won't blame the player for being pissed and staying no matter what. The club shouldn't offer such contracts if they need to get rid of it after a year even when the player has performed to an acceptable level.

But then, the club should abandon its short term objectives if you can't even bring old players to help you now in the present.

You can't have both.

For me, it's not an issue to bring in an older player for 2-3 seasons and sell after just one season if the offer is good and the player is willing to leave. Nobody is pushing him out. If he wants to leave, that's not bad for us, also considering that he didn't play quite as well as people hoped last season, and now he's one year older to add to the issue.

Him and Lewa are not great, but not bad either. In case of Gundogan, the club simply has more options to replace him now that Olmo has been signed. At the euro he played in the AM position with 3 attackers up front (Morata, Nico, Yamal) and did it splendidly.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hedged with bets that did not pay off, particularly the annual inability to dump massive contracts that again, were inherited by Bartomeu - 4 massive renewals in one go (FDJ, Pique, Lenglet & Mats)

The massive & seemingly insurmountable hurdle of being at the mercy of Frenkie's contract means other high profile talents will have to be pushed out in order to have any flexibility in the squad. due to FFP. There are 2 years left on his contract which means he is not going to budge before he can walk away for free and collect every cent of the remaining 40M (Salary, deferred wages and loyalty bonuses) Barto negotiated with him - odds of a suitor, even ManYoo, covering that in a transfer are improbable

JamDav1982

Nothing in slightest to do with FDJ and just far too big a contract for a 34 yr old Gundo in a position well covered.

Lewandowski gets paid more than FDJ and is 36.

Clear as day the club would be looking to get Gundo out with his salary, contract length and players in his position.

He struggles deeper as shown last season when so poor defensively and made worse in team with no natural DM.

Still be good at AM.. but have others there and likes of Olmo is much more mobile.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Damn, it's over. Ciao Gundo!

Maybe he is angry because he cant play at his best position anymore, Olmo has probably a safe spot for AM but i dont know if Olmo can play these amazing passes Gundo played there last season :thinking:

MontenegrinCuler

Vitor Roque sale, Gundo sale, Faye sale, Lenglet sale - this could result in something good in last days of the window. Sport also reported Newcastle is interesed in Ferran Torres and would pay €30M, probably bullshit.

JamDav1982

Was one of the main advocates for Gundo last season but I think how good he was is getting over played.

He across the whole season probably was Barcas best player but who was the competition? MATS, Araujo, FDJ, Gavi, Pedri all with injury disruptions.. Yamal was 16 and in and out.

Gundo was class on ball but his legs were not what they were when trying to get him to press from front with another 36 year old.

Playing deeper he was a liability.. worst of all FDJ, Gavi and Pedri defensively.

Class on ball and a good finisher but at 18m at 34 it is too much when have players have and was always logical to look for a way out for him.

vuji_31

Vitor Roque sale, Gundo sale, Faye sale, Lenglet sale - this could result in something good in last days of the window. Sport also reported Newcastle is interesed in Ferran Torres and would pay €30M, probably bullshit.
If we sell them we can get Nico Williams LOL.
Probably want happen but I will take Sterling on loan for one year.

Home of Barca Fans