İlkay Gündoğan

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Price is not that important as Pogba can easily be sold for any amount we pay even if he flops. I am more concerned about fitting in.
Only player I'd take without hesitation is Koke.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Gundogan for 25 or pogba for 100?
Bartomeu will choose pogba.

We also choose Neymar for around 100 instead of some other safe card for 25. Neyboy is already paying it off and I couldn't think of any other young player coming close to his potential. I'm not saying this is the same, but Ilkay might not return to his old form and Pogba might have higher potential and become a truly world class player with that something extra. If we buy him for 100 and we go on and win CL 3 years in a row everybody will say "best buy ever" - if he fails it will be "I told you so". Many factors play in, I don't have the answer - but even though many of you guys and girls think our board is really that incompetent, we actually have 1 foot in the CL final. I guess they know what they're doing most of the time, but they fail sometimes - so does other clubs. Bringing in players and making them work is a complex operation with so many factors playing in. Bringing in Ilkay as a backup, no way he will agree on that - bringing him in as Xavi replacement and not signing any other MF is to big of a risk. If Pogba will be another Neymar for us, the 100M will be well invested money. Time will tell and wisdom of hindsight is a pain in the ass.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Well whoever it is i hope we sign somebody. Our midfield lacks depth if xavi leaves and one of our starter in getting older every day. I hope he continues to play awesomely but can't risk with 3 titles to compete for.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Price is not that important as Pogba can easily be sold for any amount we pay even if he flops. I am more concerned about fitting in.
Only player I'd take without hesitation is Koke.

No we can't. If we overpay for him from the start and he turns out to be mediocre and not evolve into the player everybody hypes him to be than we will lose a lot of cash on him and maybe a title or two, because we won't send him packing after his first season if he fails - we will most probably keep him for another, and if he fails again than we're in trouble.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
gündogan would be perfect for you.

cheap and good player. when he's totally fit, he's very good.

If he would accept the role as rotation player, I would definitively take the risk for 25M - no brainer. But we need to resolve the question marks with SR, Rafinha and Samper first.

Simmelbert

If he would accept the role as rotation player, I would definitively take the risk for 25M - no brainer. But we need to resolve the question marks with SR, Rafinha and Samper first.

he's perfecr for a rotation player and technically very nice. i think he would suit very well in your team.

Co0ter

I don't think Gundogan will want to join and be a rotation player with limited time as Xavi presently does. I also don't see the board buying him as our new midfield starter.

A few people mention Iniesta tries to play as Xavi role when he needs to...really, when is that? I rewatched the game today and Iniesta spent the majority of the game covering Alba and pressing. He only made like 2 dribbles and one was right into defenders.

What I'm trying to say is that Iniesta plays a different role, and he really isn't the best candidate to play that role. I don't think it's so much he's out of form, he's just being asked to play a role he isn't suited for.

What we should be asking is what player is good defensively to cover fullbacks, has good ball control for tight spaces, be physical and press and he can dribble at defenders when given space. Long range shot never hurts. Iniesta can fill the role sure, but he isnt ideal. We shouldn't be looking to replace him, but get someone who fits the role itself the best. A more possession backup option like Xavi (or Gundogan) is great to have, but Xavi isn't even happy with that role, neither will Gundogan.

Last edited:

BenRobbins

I think he will end up at Bayern. The move to united seems to have died down a little bit and all the rumbling in germany now are that Bayern will move for him due to their ageing midfield.

:(

Having Bastian, Alonso, Thiago, Martinez, Lahm, Rode AND Gundogan is so not fair. :lol: We have to play Rooney and Fellaini there.

Kohe321

So he won't sign an extension, and his current contract is until the summer of 2016. Seems perfect for us to reach a deal with Dortmund where we sign him for 20-25m, he plays at Dortmund until January and then comes to Barcelona. He's gone anyway, so with this option they get to keep him for half a season where he can at least help them out in the league and domestic cup, but obviously not play the CL.

http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga...rlaesst-den-bvb-im-sommer-40871240.sport.html

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans