Jaden Philogene

Co0ter

5ad656b0-52b6-49c5-928f-3f57adbb23c9.jpg

phil.png

It's looking more and more unlikely we are going to sign Nico. Lots of links to this fella and I'll be honest I've never watched him. His highlights were surprisingly impressive and enjoyable though. A few of my EPL friends said he's a solid young player with a high ceiling and that he often carried Hull in the Championship.

A loan sounds great compared to bringing Felix back, he just isn't fit for our LW role. Articles saying he's valued at 20mil, but I'm sure an EPL team would pay much more than that. Anyone actually watched him?

Last edited:

Jenks

He'll be very good value for money, will operate at a decent level and if nothing else you'll be able to sell him back to a Premier League club for twice the price. He has the potential to become elite (in a prime Sterling kind of way) but I wouldn't bank on it.

Messi983

He'll be very good value for money, will operate at a decent level and if nothing else you'll be able to sell him back to a Premier League club for twice the price. He has the potential to become elite (in a prime Sterling kind of way) but I wouldn't bank on it.

How would you compare his potential to Bynoe-Gittens who is apparently another "low-cost" option we're considering (not sure he'd actually be that cheap playing for Dortmund though).

Jenks

How would you compare his potential to Bynoe-Gittens who is apparently another "low-cost" option we're considering (not sure he'd actually be that cheap playing for Dortmund though).
Hard to say really. Aesthetically Philogene moves better and is a better player right now, but he is three years older, and Bynoe-Gittens is ahead of where he was at 19 for sure. I don't really see either as long term solutions for Barcelona, so if you can get a cheap buy or loan for Philogene that would be the better deal I would think.

Porque

The young striker is prioritising a move to a Premier League club and has offers from Crystal Palace, Ipswich Town and Everton

---​

There you have it. He has formal offers from these clubs and a loan offer from Barcelona- which has been exceeded by the shitters above. :lol:

While Dr Phil himself prefers a Prem move.

We dead bro. Can't even afford a casket.

Porque

Catalan mouthpiece rags were a bit slow to shoot this one down though.

Would have thought that if the loan interest wasn't genuine then it would have be denied immediately.

Deal structure suggests truth imo.

fergus90

I was very surprised when I saw the links. He has got talent but I’m still sceptical if he’d have much impact in the PL currently.

I did assume we’d get him back after shipping him to Hull but signing Rogers and Iling Jr I guess closed the door on that.

The sensible choice would be to go to Everton or somewhere like that and see if he can make the step up.

Home of Barca Fans