Joan Laporta

yahudi

Joan better stay out. There is a whole lot of questions for the upcoming tenure:
  • - Rebuilding the team after the transfer ban
    - Sponsorship (Qatar contract running out, other minor sponsors)
    - Balancing finances (Reducing debt and wage bill)
    - Rebuilding / Refurbishing Camp Nou and training facilities
    - Investitions in Masia + settling all legal issues regarding incoming youth players
    - Strengthening the Barca brand overseas
    - Sorting out the memberhsip and season ticket situation

What the club needs is a group of competent managers with expertise in the major fields of running a club. Right now I don't know if Laporta and his men are the right ones for the job, considering that the original 2003 group is now split into many pieces.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
It's safe to say that the current board won't get re-elected. That's something, I guess.

yahudi

It's safe to say that the current board won't get re-elected. That's something, I guess.

Not necessarily. Rosell and his men were really popular in Barcelona in the last elections and probably still have ties with Godo Media Group. So their candidate sure would have enough local media publicity to campaign in 2016

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Joan better stay out. There is a whole lot of questions for the upcoming tenure:
  • - Rebuilding the team after the transfer ban
    - Sponsorship (Qatar contract running out, other minor sponsors)
    - Balancing finances (Reducing debt and wage bill)
    - Rebuilding / Refurbishing Camp Nou and training facilities
    - Investitions in Masia + settling all legal issues regarding incoming youth players
    - Strengthening the Barca brand overseas
    - Sorting out the memberhsip and season ticket situation

What the club needs is a group of competent managers with expertise in the major fields of running a club. Right now I don't know if Laporta and his men are the right ones for the job, considering that the original 2003 group is now split into many pieces.

Unfortunately I don't see any viable candidate who got a chance to win other than this bunch and Laporta. I guess it'll be about choosing the lesser of two evils in the worst case.

Cule4life

The Culest

Once upon a time thought it would be safe to say that a board would be kicked out if it was involved in scandal after scandal like a transfer ban, money laundering in Brazil, selling stadium naming rights for peanuts with possible kickbacks etc. Now i dont know any more

Regarding Laporta yeah he may not be the best Manager around but i trust him to let competent people to do their job instead of interfering and pushing his own agenda to satisfy his own ego and greed like the scumbag Rosell

F

Flavia

The board released a statement, saying they respect they judge decision, but they will yet decided if to appeal the decision or not.
I don't think they will, it could get even worse for them. This revenge against Laporta has gone too far.

I

instinct

Don't f*ck with Laporta

gtres_laporta_04_1-640x640x80.jpg

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Not necessarily. Rosell and his men were really popular in Barcelona in the last elections and probably still have ties with Godo Media Group. So their candidate sure would have enough local media publicity to campaign in 2016

Now that the people have seen what the current board have been accused of, surely they wouldn't be naive enough to vote for them again. Even Rosell was threatened. I don't think they stand a chance. But then again, the media shouldn't be underestimated.

I

instinct

Now that the people have seen what the current board have been accused of, surely they wouldn't be naive enough to vote for them again.

Tell that to the socios who attended the General Assembly. They clapped their hands everytime someone of this bunch of hypocrites called board said something.

yahudi

Now that the people have seen what the current board have been accused of, surely they wouldn't be naive enough to vote for them again. Even Rosell was threatened. I don't think they stand a chance. But then again, the media shouldn't be underestimated.

Threats always represent a violent minority, like the Boixos Nois threats against Laporta. Matter of fact, other than them I don't see any group willing to resort to such tactics. And Rosell did loosen the grip on them quite a lot and let them enter CampNou again, so they have no reason to threaten him.

Which brings us back to the question whether Sandro's family was really threatened or it was just a convenient smokescreen during the Neymar affair. I mean the timing was just too perfect.

Tell that to the socios who attended the General Assembly. They clapped their hands everytime someone of this bunch of hypocrites called board said something.

Plenty of those attending the Assembly are older socios, who have been around since Nunez' days. To them, Rosell/Bartomeu are friends and basically Nunez' heritage. On the other hand, Laporta is rather seen as an enemy going way back to the Elefant Blau days.

The documentary has been around for quite a while, but is still worth watching. Thanks for bringing it up again.

Home of Barca Fans