João Cancelo

xXKonan

This would be his what 5th different team in a short span of time if this ever happened.

If Pep and City are willing to bin him after one season, why the hell should we even explore this option. Yeah, Semedo ain't perfect but in this deal, we wouldn't benefit at all.

FinBarcelonafan

This would be his what 5th different team in a short span of time if this ever happened.

If Pep and City are willing to bin him after one season, why the hell should we even explore this option. Yeah, Semedo ain't perfect but in this deal, we wouldn't benefit at all.

True. Something wrong with Cancelo.

Messi983

This would be a stupid deal. Better sell Semedo for 40m, bring back Emerson and use the difference in money to improve other positions, mostly CB and midfield.

No thanks. We should question ourselves why Pep wants Semedo if that's true.

Would be great to see Semedo playing in a cohesive team with a great manager who knows how to use him that's for sure.

Because he can actually defend in opposite to other Pep's defenders.

He would probably also look better offensively having a true winger playing ahead of him instead of Messi who is our on paper RW but always plays centrally. But I think he just needs more space to use his speed and will always struggle in a possesion based team playing against deep sitting defenses so not even Pep would suddenly turn him into a great offensive RB. I often see people still think of Semedo as a young talent who will improve but he will be 27 this year and is what he is at this point of his career.

MTL_Barca

Only way this would make any sense for me would be if Setien wants to continue trying to play some kind of 3-4-3/3-5-2 because Semedo isn't really suited to play higher up but still that doesn't seem like a good idea imo.

xXKonan

He's apparently had his fair share of attitude issues and often looked lazy in tracking back and that was one of the main reasons he had a falling out with Allegri at Juve.

I mean if Pep is willing to let him go after once season, then how would someone of Seiten's caliber be able to do something the likes of Allegri and Pep couldn't do? I would rather either let Semedo stay or sell him for a big profit, bring back Emerson and use the money elsewhere.

At least with Emerson, he has the right mentality to improve and is very young and he would be rather cheap.

HanDW

This dude is sooooo overhyped, only 1 top season in his entire career (with Juve), got benched by Montoya (yes, Martin Montoya) at some point during his time at Valencia because he was atrocius in defense and now is getting benched by fucking 30yo Walker at City lol. Also benched in Portugal by Semedo and Ricardo Pereira lmao.

The fact that Pep wants to get rid of him after spendig +35M not even 1 year ago is self explanatory.

Last edited:

stk93

This dude is sooooo overhyped, only 1 top season in his entire career (with Juve), got benched by Montoya (yes, Martin Montoya) at some point during his time at Valencia because he was atrocius in defense and now is getting benched by fucking 30yo Walker at City lol. Also benched in Portugal by Semedo and Ricardo Pereira lmao.

The fact that Pep wants to get rid of him after spendig +35M not even 1 year ago is self explanatory.

pereira is top3 rightback in the world
i dont like cancelo just saying...

vuji_31

If Semedo goes it will be in deal with Inter.

They will not spend cash on this guy when you now they want Lautaro and Neymar

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Our scouts were right for a change: this guy is the new Dani Alves and probably City's POTS. I must say I didn't recognize his potential at Valencia (it was much more evident at Inter), he has improved so much.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Our scouts were right for a change: this guy is the new Dani Alves and probably City's POTS. I must say I didn't recognize his potential at Valencia (it was much more evident at Inter), he has improved so much.

He was always good in offense but most of the time a joke in the defence. Pep has fixed it.

Raketa10

Well that can happen when you have a WC coach and not Valverde, Setien or Koeman.

Andresito

Staff member
Dude even plays like a box-box CM nowadays.

I'd never have imagined this type of development when there were rumours of a swap between him and Semedo.

malvolio

Weird dig at Koeman, while he's not a WC coach, many players have improved under him.

you could have a case if koeman came here and improved the likes of semedo, for example.

otherwise who did he improve(from a mediocre player to a good one)? FDJ(who was already labelled as one of the best before coming here) by changing his position on the field?

Home of Barca Fans