João Cancelo

PhilS

I have no idea if this guy is a RB, but wow! He's going to be a star on this squad, a superb offensive talent, Alves-level. I wonder if he might eventually take Pedri's starting spot. Can't wait to see how he will do against a team that puts a lot of offensive pressure on Barca's right side. Good thing that there will always be a real defensive right fullback playing right CB, Kounde or Araujo.

JamDav1982

Pedri will play when fit 100%.

Cancelo will play RB v poorer teams then may even play RW at times v the better ones would be my guess.

Co0ter

I have no idea if this guy is a RB, but wow! He's going to be a star on this squad, a superb offensive talent, Alves-level. I wonder if he might eventually take Pedri's starting spot. Can't wait to see how he will do against a team that puts a lot of offensive pressure on Barca's right side. Good thing that there will always be a real defensive right fullback playing right CB, Kounde or Araujo.
If people were paying attention they'd notice De Jong was dropping into defense as a back 3 while both Balde and Cancelo were high on the wings, Cancelo even drifting more centrally at times. Oriol stayed in the center of the park.

Having really versatile players will allow for a lot of options. We looked better doing this as we created pressure high up the pitch and De Jong was world class even performing that role while dropped back. They were afraid of our fullbacks, and we haven't been able to say that in years.

vuji_31

What an complete player. Great with ball, great with carrying the ball, can cross, assist and score. Bless from heavens after 8 years of Roberto, Semedo and Vidal.

Latschenkiefer

He is so good offensively, I guess he is pretty damn shit defensively. Or what's the reason he is not playing for City or Bayern anymore?

Birdy

Was always a baller and TOP offensive contributor

Questionmarks exist about
a) his level (especially in Defence) against elite sides. Look at the goals City conceded the last 2 years in such games, he was the weak link

b) His off-the pitch mentality issues that have been discussed many times and costed him his presence under pep.

I reckon b will be less of a problem here given there is no competition for his spot and he will be great to have for 95% of games Barca will play.
But a might be a problem

BJJ

I wanted him when he was at Valencia but so many clowns here were calling him shite.
He'll always be defensively suspect but when he's on fire he's the best RB in the world.

Home of Barca Fans