João Cancelo

JamDav1982

Was garbage today.

Dont think Barca will sign him if he continues to be this erratic.

Cant have a position lik RB going from barely able to pass the ball consistently even if has those top class moments.

His movements into midfield just look too random within current system.

The current trend in football is on ball one defender stepping into midfield and three others stay back...Barca are asking Cancelo to go into midfield AND Balde to play as left winger. It is far too open.

Porque

Oriol has been covering by dropping into a back 3, but that has looked awful so far.

Need Frenkie back for that.

Cancelo was excellent as an inverted fullback cutting into midfield space as a surprise option at City.

Positioned at DMR to AMR here he just seems a bit subdued.

Doesn't help as he is more interior to the right winger, who is intent on cutting in himself (Raphi and lesser extent Lamine who can also go outside).

I hope we can be a bit more flexible and have CZncelo support the right offensive player by offering the width to their outside.

Otherwise if long term we limit Cancelo strengths, we are going to be better off with a hovering possession option like fuckin Foyth.

mc_lovin

Felix finishing that chance and we would have had a very pleasant game. So not complaining too much, but there’s something seriously wrong in his head :lol:

JamDav1982

Chaotic player.

For all his good moments... if this is his standard then wouldnt sign him on permanent deal at end of season.

vuji_31

He likes to dribble a lot as it seems.

I would like to get Frimpong, but if you ask me, Cancelo or argentian from Villareal, then Cancelo all the way.

We can always start Kounde or Araujo if need more defensive approach.

JamDav1982

Dont think would be signing him.

Too erratic and doenst balance well with Balde on other side.

Can be like primes Alves on minute to Dest the next.

Home of Barca Fans