João Félix

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Think someone will have to take the 10 because La Liga allows numbers 1-25 for first-team registered players. IMO Pedri is the best fit for the number from this squad (then again, 8 is the more logical number for him) while Yamal's too young.

nvm, it looks like we don't have that many registered first-teamers. I forgot that many playing still did not get 1st team number, even Balde.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Guarantee he'll be the new punching bag of the forum. There are so many ifs and buts with Felix I can't see him succeeding, still I give him a 30% of becoming a success and that's being generous.

Messi983

Think someone will have to take the 10 because La Liga allows numbers 1-25 for first-team registered players. IMO Pedri is the best fit for the number from this squad (then again, 8 is the more logical number for him) while Yamal's too young.

nvm, it looks like we don't have that many registered first-teamers. I forgot that many playing still did not get 1st team number, even Balde.

Current free numbers:

#2 - will probably go to Cancelo
#3 - I guess they'll reserve it for Balde once he's registered for the first team (probably won't happen before January)
#10 -
#14 -
#19 -
#25 - reserved for GKs but I think teams can use it for outfield players if they only have two first team keepers. Rodrigo Riquelme currently wears 25 for Atletico. Not sure what exact rules are though, it's possible all numbers between 1-24 have to be taken before you can give #25 to a non-GK.

malvolio

Guarantee he'll be the new punching bag of the forum. There are so many ifs and buts with Felix I can't see him succeeding, still I give him a 30% of becoming a success and that's being generous.
Probably so, because everyone and their dog know that he's a bum who flopped everywhere. But since it's only a loan we'll get over it quickly.

Temptation

Really don't rate him. Just like Havertz, yet another player who doesn't really fit into the "modern Football" formations. You have to make so many adjustments to accomodate these players in. Just not worth it.

Not a striker, not a winger, not an 8, etc.

This weird throwback second striker-ish position doesn't exist in most managerial formations today. He totally failed to make any impact at Chelsea.

You have to downgrade to a lesser club in order to have the entire team built around you to get the best out of you like a Dybala in Roma I guess.

Porque

Joao Felix will fail in the Saudi League too. He will have the Sheikh's screaming to send this ham and egger to the MLS.

JamDav1982

City just won the league and CL with KDB in a second stiker/AM position.

It is there is coaches want to play it.

It is most likely where likes of Bellingham will be long term for Real also.

Barca are trying to play it.. often Pedri/Gavi are up with Lewa and they dont look 100% comfortable with it as take ball with back to goal to often.

fergus90

Really don't rate him. Just like Havertz, yet another player who doesn't really fit into the "modern Football" formations. You have to make so many adjustments to accomodate these players in. Just not worth it.

Not a striker, not a winger, not an 8, etc.

This weird throwback second striker-ish position doesn't exist in most managerial formations today. He totally failed to make any impact at Chelsea.

You have to downgrade to a lesser club in order to have the entire team built around you to get the best out of you like a Dybala in Roma I guess.
Havertz issue is due to the fact he’s a dog shit footballer. He’s not aggressive enough to be a threat to defenders physically and his finishing is weak. He is also careless with the ball and dribbles straight at players.

Felix definitely got the technical ability but seems to play within himself on game day.

wisconsincule

Pulled this from Twitter so not sure if its true:

“Ansu Fati loaned out, only 80% of his wages paid by Brighton, Barça will receive no loan fee.

Joao Felix to sign on loan, Barça to pay 100% of his wages and a loan fee of €7M.”

How does Atleti continue to get loan fees for Felix? Terrible negotiation from Barca if we are paying them to take him on loan…

Porque

Pulled this from Twitter so not sure if its true:

“Ansu Fati loaned out, only 80% of his wages paid by Brighton, Barça will receive no loan fee.

Joao Felix to sign on loan, Barça to pay 100% of his wages and a loan fee of €7M.”

How does Atleti continue to get loan fees for Felix? Terrible negotiation from Barca if we are paying them to take him on loan…

Horrible if true. Remember that Joao Felix is on 14.5m gross.

So approx 20m Cap space for one season.

I don't know the ins and outs of our Cap issues obviously, but you would think we could bring in a long term option that would amortize for less than 20m/season.

Pretty much all of the PL signings this summer amortize for less. Moises Caicedo ends up being 26m/annum by comparison and he cost 135m euros.

Just goes to show how tight the LaLiga salary controls are, and the illogicies in it's setups that are counter productive to asset investment.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans