Jordi Alba

Hatem Ben Arfa

Yes it is.

Have you ever even watched Alba play recently? Like, at all? Yes, he CAN defend. He's not the next Maldini or anything, but whose to say he can't get better at it? You're acting as if he's like David Luiz.

you are so wrong.

intercepting a few telegraphed long crossfield balls, and tackling alves and iniesta once hardly equates to a wonderful defensive display against Barcelona.

He's not that good in 1 on 1 situations when defending, I seem to remember Daniel Sturridge showing everyone Alba can't defend. Also he has a tendency to go missing at the back because of his irresponsibility in bombing forward.

ammarfcb

ze special one
????

so Alba is better than Bale?

That is so not true.

Bale can't defend to save his life and that is where he played the majority of his games until last season, when they decided to stick him on the wing. since then he has been fantatic. You are doing him a great diservice, he's got a lot in his locker and could potentially be Premier League player of the year, if not for Van Persie.

if we are considering a winger. it doesn't really improve his case much. he still has no understanding of his role. he only has speed. to say he is the best in epl is just being unfair to the epl (even though it is shit).

if you want to listen to the english media. then go ahead - bale is the besst. but if you want to actually make a decision about what you actually thing of him then i suggest you actually watch him play. you seem to give in to the hype of shit players in the epl. first carroll now bale

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Bale is just a speed merchant... for now. But lately he does show some improvement in the technical aspects of his game. Still it's really risky to pay the amount that would be needed to get his signature.

Alba is better than Bale technically... Also he is a good defender. Whoever says otherwise has got no clue. Only thing I would give them is that he still does have scope to improvement in that aspect and I'm pretty sure he will

M

mitkoa7x

I dont want to go though through all the posts, just tell me are we after him or not?

ammarfcb

ze special one
watch the chelsea game over again, and come back on here and tell me how great a defender Alba is.

he is not a good defender! He has time to change that, but he is a winger in my book.

you base your arguments around one game. you need to look on the whole. bale had a few good games but on the whole is an inconsistent welsh wallcott.

Maria

watch the chelsea game over again, and come back on here and tell me how great a defender Alba is.

he is not a good defender! He has time to change that, but he is a winger in my book.

Watch the last game Espanyol-Barca again and come back to tell me how good of players Messi and Xavi are.

I don't want Jordi because I believe we need another type of LB, but its pretty stupid to judge a player just for one game. He's definitely a better defender than Marcelo, who is involved in half of the goals RM receives, he's pretty smart and technical and has time to grow. But,like I said, I doubt Pep wants him.

Now about Bale..he is definitely a winger who until this season didn't deserved all the hype he receives. However in the last few months I was impressed and I believe he could be a CR type of player, but without the looks and with a better dribbling technique.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

you base your arguments around one game. you need to look on the whole. bale had a few good games but on the whole is an inconsistent welsh wallcott.

no not just one game. Over at least the 10 times I've watched him play.

The Chelsea game was just an example that shows him getting shown up for what he truly is, a winger that can't defend. It the example that sticks most in my mind because Sturridge had the beating of him every single time they came up against eachother, and he seemed to be caught flat footed or turn his back to the ball.

he's not a good defender, and like I said before, attacking full-backs defensive play is overrated and just assumed to be as good as they are going forward a la Bale and Baines when it clearly is not.

Home of Barca Fans