Jordi Alba

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He's born in L'Hospitallet and grew up in La Masia, his Catalan should be superb. Im no expert but it seemed at a great level.

There's two kinds of families in Catalunya, those where they speak Catalan at home and those where they speak Spanish. A surprising number of catalans speak spanish as their first language

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
611738634.jpg

JonM

He's born in L'Hospitallet and grew up in La Masia, his Catalan should be superb. Im no expert but it seemed at a great level.

I think the presenters were saying that he understands it, but he doesn't feel confident enough to speak it in public (aside from the two sentences he said). I might be wrong though as my Spanish is probably a lot worse than his Catalan.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Bartomeu: We hope you have a lengthy career with us, which is what we want.

Bartomeu : " Recovery of Abidal is going on . Remember , we are not replacing Abidal , but giving our coach more alternatives."

Bartomeu: "The signing of Jordi Alba has cost 14 million euros, to form 5 seasons and has a buyout clause of 90 million"

Bartomeu: A highly competitive player with high intensity is something we want and like.

Bartomeu: "The versatility and ability to adapt to different systems. And above all, a tremendously competitive player

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Alba: "Many memories of my past. I've moved a lot, but mainly for my people back home. Thanks for the video I liked it. There are many memories."

Alba: "Thanks to the fans for coming to the stadium, I did not expect many people."

Alba: "I am very happy to be back home with my family and my people"

Alba: "I told Milla (Spanish football manager for the Olympics) that I was very excited with the prospect of going to the Olympics"

Alba: "Leo Messi makes the difference.Behind Leo is a team that performed the best football in the world."

Alba : "It is the best team in the world. Very happy to be back at home."

Alba: "Barca is very important around the world and I adapt very well. I know many colleagues."

Alba: "I think there are players who qualified to play in the front position but right now is something that I do not plan"

Alba: "I get along very well with the Barcelona players. They've made ​​a joke during the Euro, but nothing serious"

Zubizarreta: "We work to have the best squad possible."

Alba: "After finishing the Euro , I talked with Tito. I got the congratulations on the signing. Sure it's going to be great with him and the team."

Alba : "I have heard a lot about the wonders of Tito and Guardiola."

Zubizarreta: "Until August 31 you can close any transfer to match as closely as possible what we want."

Jordi Alba: "There is no pressure, it is a great opportunity and I take it as a challenge"

Zubizarreta: "We value Keita a lot. We want him to stay, he knows that, we're waiting for his answer now and hope he accepts to continue."

Alba: "I have a good friendship with Villa, I love the club and the players"

Alba: Villa helped me when I come to Valencia. He was the first who congratulated me for the signing and the first to sent me a message.

Alba : "Moving to Barcelona is the best option and I did the right thing."

Alba: "This is a big chance for me. The best players of the world are here, and it's a challenge for me to be on par with them."

Alba: "They were two wonderful years in Cornella and then had the opportunity to go to a club like Valencia"

Alba: "We must look forward. I'm back here and try to return the trust they have placed in me in the field."

Last edited:

Maria

There's two kinds of families in Catalunya, those where they speak Catalan at home and those where they speak Spanish. A surprising number of catalans speak spanish as their first language

His parents apparently are not catalans..they are from Cordoba so it's understandable that Jordi doesn't feel comfortable speaking this language.

Home of Barca Fans