Jordi Roura: “We are going to give it our all against Milan"

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The Barça manager says "the best way to approach a match is to win the previous one" and that the players are very eager to compete against Milan on Tuesday

This Tuesday’s match against AC Milan was the focus of Jordi Roura’s post-match press conference. The FC Barcelona manager said that “we’re very excited to play the match and we’re eager to compete. We will give everything we have to fight back until the referee blows the final whistle.” He added: “logically, we have to attack. However, we shouldn’t confuse our desire to fight back with haste, we need to find the necessary balance.”

According to Roura, one of the decisive factors of Tuesday’s match will be the speed with which Barça play the ball: “the faster we play the ball, the more chances we’ll have when we attack.” He added: “we have a very clear idea of how we want to approach the match. We’re fairly certain on how Milan will play and how we want to play. Afterward, we’ll see how it all plays out.” Roura also noted that he hasn’t decided on who he will name to the starting line-up, and that the players that featured against Deportivo this Saturday “made the choice more difficult.” He added: “it shows how ambitious they are.”

Three fundamental points against Deportivo

“The best way to approach a match is to win the previous one. And that’s what we did this Saturday. In any event, we’re talking about two different competitions and they have nothing to do with each other,” said Roura. For the manager, “this Saturday’s three points are fundamental to our title bid.” He added: “the team played very well defensively. We managed to keep a clean sheet and for us that’s important. It helps us ahead of the match on Tuesday.”

Roura explained that the team’s performance in the second half was perhaps consequence of the effort put in during the first half: “in the first half we created a lot of chances, on the other hand, in the second, it was more difficult. If we had been on target in the first, perhaps the second half would have been different.”

Satisfied with Cesc’s work

Lastly, when asked about Barça’s starting line-up, Roura said that Messi, Iniesta and Sergio came on in the second half for two reasons: “when new players come on, it’s noticeable. They helped up close out the match. In addition, it’s good for them to have the feeling that they contributed.”

On Cesc, he was clear: “every player can have good and bad moments. We’re very pleased with Cesc’s work. He’s played extraordinary games this season. The fans were very good with us, they cheered us on from the very beginning. On Tuesday they will be on our side again.”

Moe-23

the only downside to playing the ball around faster is it might increase the fatigue caused on players, so he better be prepared to have depth in his squad. but on the bright side, if its going to get goals, then it has to be done. Cesc's not worrying me too much, i know hes going through a rough patch, but hes proven himself, and i know he'll overcome this tough time hes having right now.
I just hope he doesn't get desperate and plays a 3-4-3 against milan, that would be throwing the match away.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In the end it doesn't matter what he says to the press, it's what's being said in private.
I like Cesc's attitude and I think the staff appreciates it too. He looks like he's trying hard to fit in. Doesn't always look good but I noticed Barca's poor form coincided with his.

kostasgtc

In the end it doesn't matter what he says to the press, it's what's being said in private.
I like Cesc's attitude and I think the staff appreciates it too. He looks like he's trying hard to fit in. Doesn't always look good but I noticed Barca's poor form coincided with his.

i never wanted him back but yes i can admit that he is trying hard so im starting to change opinion.

ShandyFFM

Thank you Jordi Roura for leading our team when they needed it the most !!! I really do appreciate your work and what you have done for us even when your era as a head coach is over for the moment !!!

just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!

Home of Barca Fans