Jose Enrique

Hatem Ben Arfa

thanks. I edited it and added some more. I didn't think anyone would have replied to that post yet at this time of night.

But yeah. It's just funny how peoples opinons change on a player they said was krap/sucks, when they leave a small club and join a bigger club whose games they are more likely to watch on TV.

It is just infuriating when I come across fans like that, whose football logic is....'he plays for a small club like Newcastle so he must be a bad player, there is no way anyone playing for a small club can be considered among the best in their position in the whole league'

:lol:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
If putting Theo Walcott in your back pocket is considered a defensive masterclass, I would hate to see what you rate against an intelligent attacking player. Enrique is a good signing for Liverpool, very good in fact, but dont go overboard.

Hatem Ben Arfa

If putting Theo Walcott in your back pocket is considered a defensive masterclass, I would hate to see what you rate against an intelligent attacking player. Enrique is a good signing for Liverpool, very good in fact, but dont go overboard.

How about Luis Antonio Valenica? Jose Enrique had him in his back pocket at Old Trafford last season on the first day. That was noted by Man Utd fans on redcafe, the link is still somewhere in this thread I think.

He's done the same to Ashley Young last season in Newcastle's 6-0 win over Villa. He's done it to Nani as well last season and probably every forward or winger in the league.

Just wait for Liverpool Man Utd this season and you will see it again.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
How about Luis Antonio Valenica? Jose Enrique had him in his back pocket at Old Trafford last season on the first day. That was noted by Man Utd fans on redcafe, the link is still somewhere in this thread I think.

He's done the same to Ashley Young last season in Newcastle's 6-0 win over Villa. He's done it to Nani as well last season and probably every forward or winger in the league.

Just wait for Liverpool Man Utd this season and you will see it again.

Im sure i will, if every game he plays is a defensive masterclass he will no doubt be up for the Ballon D'or this year, Iv already said hes good, just not as good as your making out mate.

Ashley Young who played on the left or the centre last year for Villa btw?

Hatem Ben Arfa

Im sure i will, if every game he plays is a defensive masterclass he will no doubt be up for the Ballon D'or this year, Iv already said hes good, just not as good as your making out mate.

Ashley Young who played on the left or the centre last year for Villa btw?

He is as good as I make out to be. & Liverpool fans will begin to say the same as they watch him for 90mins every week.

Albrighton played on the right wing v newcastle after his good start to that season. Enrique made him look like sh*te, & Young switched over to the right wing and got no change out of Enrique either.

Left Backs that win man of the match awards when they dont score or assist or get fwd much says a lot about how great they are defensively.

El Mesías

you haven't seen his messi like runs yet though, just you wait. He needs to add goals to those runs though, and you will truly go crazy for him.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hatem Ben Arfa

best lb in the league easily

I'm glad another Liverpool fan has come around to the realization that defensively, there is no better left back in the Premier League than Jose Enrique.

and Vivaunited, I watched every 90 minutes of every Newcastle United match for the past 2 years. That is many hours watching Jose Enrique, I'm sure you cannot say the same and that is why you are judging from a position of ignorance(no offence intended btw).

Now that he is at a bigger more popular club like Liverpool, you will finally see the football media giving him the credit and accolades he deserves and by the end of the season he will be called the best left back in the league, no doubt about it. Shamefully that is what it takes for fans of other clubs to wake up to how good a player who plays for a smaller club, they need to hear if from those numpties like Andy Gray and Richard Keys or Jeff Stelling first.

Last season Soccer Saturday pundits said he is in the top3 left backs in the Premier League. Now that he is at Liverpool he will be number 1 because they will watch more of his games than they did when he was a Newcastle player.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Well, coming from a neutral.

I think Enrique is one of the best LBs in EPL, for sure. Defensivelly, maybe the best. I love his positioning, he is almost never cought out of position. He is decent in attack as well, not as bad as some say he is. For me, the best Spanish LB atm, and top10-15 in the world probably. I dont think im overrating him, because i've seen enough to judge, watch EPL on regular basis, as much as i do Serie A.

But i also dont see him as the best EPL LB. Cole, Evra and Baines are still better than him.

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I just remembered im arguing with a guy who believes that Cheik Tiote passes to the same standard as Xavi. End of discussion from me

Home of Barca Fans