Joshua Zirkzee

Maradona37

So what do we think? I haven't seen him apart from at the Euros, where to be fair he barely got a chance.

I know Birdy rates him, do you guys think he will be a success? It's so hard to tell with young players, especially somewhere like Old Trafford which has been a disaster for young purchased players in recent years.

They will likely play with one up front like most teams, so is Hojlund gonna be used from the bench more often this season?

Edit - looked through the video above. Doesn't seem fast but good first touch and close control, and good on the half-turn. Is he generally like that?

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
So what do we think? I haven't seen him apart from at the Euros, where to be fair he barely got a chance.

I know Birdy rates him, do you guys think he will be a success? It's so hard to tell with young players, especially somewhere like Old Trafford which has been a disaster for young purchased players in recent years.

They will likely play with one up front like most teams, so is Hojlund gonna be used from the bench more often this season?

Edit - looked through the video above. Doesn't seem fast but good first touch and close control, and good on the half-turn. Is he generally like that?
He would have been a great RL9 replacement for us. He is not world-class yet. But for 40m, I don't think there is a striker of his potential in the EU for that price.
I hope he will be a success. From the interviews I have seen he seems to have a good mentality.

Maradona37

He would have been a great RL9 replacement for us. He is not world-class yet. But for 40m, I don't think there is a striker of his potential in the EU for that price.
I hope he will be a success. From the interviews I have seen he seems to have a good mentality.
Fair enough. I am sure he is a good lad, but due to my dislike of Man United I hope he fails - it's nothing personal.

But as for your comments on his ability, thanks for letting me know. I will watch him closely this season and formulate an opinion. It sounds like he's promising going by some users on here,

mc_lovin

He looks exactly like the type of player clueless teams burn cash on. Not a CF, not a winger, not brilliant enough for a central playmaking role (2nd striker/#10)...

I just don't understand, why? What am I not seeing?

Horatio

You're welcome
Tbf barely seen him Serie A, but can’t judge yet. Was only one closest to scoring on a few occasions today.

He has way less time to act in this league and especially against liverpool compared to Serie A. Whether he can adjust to that is to be seen.

Home of Barca Fans