Kevin-Prince Boateng

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yeah, as crap as he was, being a striker at Barca is hard at the best of times. Especially when you don't play much and the game was with mostly backups and youth players.

underoath

Banned
Yeah, as crap as he was, being a striker at Barca is hard at the best of times. Especially when you don't play much and the game was with mostly backups and youth players.

Kinda true, others gets the excuse of playing with Young players without connection to each other.

raskolnikov

Whats the point of him though? You are telling me we dont have a youth striker better suited to take minutes than give them to a glorified tourist with no input.

God Serena

When Prince is signed it's: We need a backup striker who is happy to sit on the bench 80-90% of the time and can help rest Suarez whenever needed, Prince is perfect.

When Prince sits on the bench for 80-90% of the time and is used to help rest Suarez:

Doesn't play a minute in months and then people expect him to show up.

raskolnikov

When Prince is signed it's: We need a backup striker who is happy to sit on the bench 80-90% of the time and can help rest Suarez whenever needed, Prince is perfect.

When Prince sits on the bench for 80-90% of the time and is used to help rest Suarez:
People think of a Larsson type player in that scenario not a guy who afds nothing and could be replaced by anyone though.

God Serena

People think of a Larsson type player in that scenario not a guy who afds nothing and could be replaced by anyone though.

I think both statements regarding him are extraordinarily stupid for this very reason. If he adds nothing, his ability to rest Suarez is pointless.

PhilS

It would be better to put someone out there to play out of position. I've seem enough of Prince with his warmups off, now he can rest and collect trophies.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think both statements regarding him are extraordinarily stupid for this very reason. If he adds nothing, his ability to rest Suarez is pointless.

Exactly, the idea of signing any player with sole intention to rest another doesn't make any sense...

Larsson, or Solskjaer for United, were reliable when coming off the bench or when rotations were needed, they weren't there just to give rest to others... Might as well create a contest for the fans to be a Barca player for a day...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He didn't play for months, his confidence is low. Stupid Valverde. :)

Don't you agree he could've played more in recent months?

Valverde is notorious for lack of rotation and then when he does, he throws players in the fire with no match rhythm and sides them with players they never played with. And then, of course, under-performers are thrown under the bus and lack of rotation gets validated.

Messi983

Don't you agree he could've played more in recent months?

Valverde is notorious for lack of rotation and then when he does, he throws players in the fire with no match rhythm and sides them with players they never played with. And then, of course, under-performers are thrown under the bus and lack of rotation gets validated.

Yes, he could though I think he did a good job rotating players in January and February. I like Prince and think he should've played more.

MTL_Barca

Let's not pretend lack of minutes is the reason he is performing bad. He never had and never will have the quality to play as a forward for barca. Everyone knew that and it was proven every time he played for us this far.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans