La Liga 2021/22

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

El Gato

Villarato!
Ok mr. What's the score?

You just upset Barca will not be gone as long as you hoped.

Not as upset as you seem to be when I give you an answer you already knew lol and point out it must feel silly to ask and hear it :p

I hope Barca arent gone long
Cant fucking stand the spinelessness of our president when we're under weight of expectation to both play well and win while only managing to do the latter

Horatio

You're welcome
Not as upset as you seem to be when I give you an answer you already knew lol and point out it must feel silly to ask and hear it :p

I hope Barca arent gone long
Cant fucking stand the spinelessness of our president when we're under weight of expectation to both play well and win while only managing to do the latter

My phrasing was just a bit off. But couldn't care about changing it. Nothing wrong with pointing out Mallorca was on its way pulling off two consecutive upsets.
I am happy. Barca won 4-1 away.

El Gato

Villarato!
BTW Can Barca keep this form up until we meet in Clasico again and at least get a draw from us? I dont expect you to beat us, would be nice, but not sure it'd happen
We need a Clasico loss because the president otherwise wont even think of sacking Ancelotti even if we crash out the CL

Horatio

You're welcome
BTW Can Barca keep this form up until we meet in Clasico again and at least get a draw from us? I dont expect you to beat us, would be nice, but not sure it'd happen
We need a Clasico loss because the president otherwise wont even think of sacking Ancelotti even if we crash out the CL

you are a sick man.

El Gato

Villarato!
you are a sick man.

Why
I only want the best for La Liga with Madrid still winning titles
RM getting beat by 2 at Bernabeu with Di Maria scoring both -> draw at Mallorca with 2nd fiddle team -> 0-3 on Pedri hattrick just to rub salt in about Catalans having currently the best Spaniard talent
Only to go and bag the league anyway

Would work wonders for Perez ego

Morten

I don't entirely diaagree with Gato here, Ancelotti is kinda past it, so winning the league while getting rid of him in the summer would be okay.

And then we can go for someone like Valverde, Poch, or other options that may be available.

Last edited:

Messi983

In my FM22 save Madrid have sacked Ancelotti in 2023 and brought Poch, then he was gone in two years and Mourinho came back. :lol: Meanwhile Xavi is winning La Liga every year playing a 4-4-2. :rockon:

Porque

Betis are so good right now under Pellegrini. They will be adding Felipe Luis in the summer to their defence (hopefully it doesn't mean we bring back Bartra for depth *shudder*).

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION], have you read anything about their project or finances/investment? I know a few years back they had bigger money interested in buying them.

If would be good if they could become a consistent top 4 challenger in Laliga. More potential to grow than a Sociedad.

They have floated around top 4 before but never made that atep up long term like what Sevilla did.

Andresito

Staff member
Betis are so good right now under Pellegrini. They will be adding Felipe Luis in the summer to their defence (hopefully it doesn't mean we bring back Bartra for depth *shudder*).

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION], have you read anything about their project or finances/investment? I know a few years back they had bigger money interested in buying them.

If would be good if they could become a consistent top 4 challenger in Laliga. More potential to grow than a Sociedad.

They have floated around top 4 before but never made that atep up long term like what Sevilla did.

It's Luiz Felipe :crbust:

Messi983

Honestly, I have no idea about their current financial status. All I know is they've had similar problems with La Liga salary cap as we did and renewed contracts of likes of Borja Iglesias and Nabil Fekir alongside some others but those two still had a high unamotiized value due to high transfer fee paid for them.

This summer contracts of some players who I suppose are on quite high wages are expiring though. Tello and Camarasa will both leave imo, Joaquin could retire but if he won't I could see him re-signing on a league minimum like Alves. He's not playing much but could still be kept around as a leader of the team (although they have a lot of proven veterans Joaquin is still one of a kind imo). Guardado's contract is also up but I've heard they want to extend him for another season. The same for Bravo while a third GK Robles will surely leave. They'll buy Willian Jose (I think they have an obligation to buy if they qualify for Europe which is very likely), not sure about Bellerin though.

And then I think they'll want to offload Montoya (he's under contract till 2024 so probably won't be easy) and Lainez who has been disappointing so far but still only 21 and maybe could get some decent money if sold. You've mentioned Bartra who I think they could look to sell and another important issue to deal with is William Carvalho. His contract expires in 2023 and he has become an important part of the team this season (after struggling for most of his first two years at the club) so I think they'll want to renew him but if can't they'll consider selling to EPL.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I think their biggest problem is the age of their squad, they are going all in for top 4 this year but I don't see a potential improvement over the next few years

Messi983

I think their biggest problem is the age of their squad, they are going all in for top 4 this year but I don't see a potential improvement over the next few years

True. I've talked a bit about that in the Copa thread a few weeks ago. They need to rejuvenate the team but don't think they're in a financial position to do that. Still think this team can be competitive for a top 4 next season as well. Although could get tougher if they'll qualify for the CL as they won't have enough depth to play on three fronts. La Liga teams who don't qualify for CL often (so basically all teams outside of the big 3, Sevilla and possibly Valencia when they were still good) usually struggle that season in the league as a consequence.

Messi983

BTW, almost forgot to mention. Bilbao with a 4-0 win against Sociedad a week before visiting Camp Nou. Won't be an easy game, that's for sure. Especially with us playing in Napoli on Thursday.

And talking about Betis above, there is also the Seville derby this Sunday. Both teams playing their European games three days before the derby as well.

Home of Barca Fans