La Liga 2021/22

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Bobo32

Weak to worry about 4th place competition.
The 2nd place is there to lose for Barcelona, with some luck they might even win still.

serghei

The 2nd place is there to lose for Barcelona, with some luck they might even win still.

2nd place brings little compared to 4th. If we secure 4th, then priority becomes winning the Europa League.

JamDav1982

2nd place brings little compared to 4th. If we secure 4th, then priority becomes winning the Europa League.

It brings more money finishing second.

Las season Real earned about 30/40m more than Barca when finished second as opposed to third. Not sure difference would be between Barca Sevilla as different calculations taken into account but cant see it being nothing.

Bobo32

Yeah but Barcelona and it fans should be above following Betis, Sevilla, Villarreal and Sociedad hoping they drop points. There are 12-13 games to go, all of those teams will drop enough points for Barcelona to easily get to the 2nd place if they play as they should, nevermind 4th.
I don't believe in priorities, Barcelona have a big enough squad to compete in both the league and the Europa League at the same time.

malvolio

Closer to 4th than 2nd right now. I think those 3 games after the Galatasaray return leg will be decisive on where we finish - A Real + H Sevilla + A Levante.

Bobo32

Closer to 4th than 2nd right now. I think those 3 games after the Galatasaray return leg will be decisive on where we finish - A Real + H Sevilla + A Levante.

As the entire season. I think Barcelona should be favourites in each of these games, but even if they lose all three, I would not be worried about missing out on the 4th place.
The game they played today was a big fall backwards though, pretty terrible. They have brilliant players though so there were chances, but the game was no good, let's hope it was a one-off.

serghei

As the entire season. I think Barcelona should be favourites in each of these games, but even if they lose all three, I would not be worried about missing out on the 4th place.
The game they played today was a big fall backwards though, pretty terrible. They have brilliant players though so there were chances, but the game was no good, let's hope it was a one-off.

Favorites away vs Madrid? I disagree about that.

malvolio

Not talking about not making top 4 as we'll clearly do. But remains to be seen how we do as 2nd place is not a given as you make it out to be.

serghei

Considering Xavi took the team on 10th place or whatever it was, making the top 4 is awesome for him. Truly excellent. Recovered a lot of points and frankly, it's pretty incredible he only lost one game in La Liga in something like 15 rounds, and even that one we actually dominated and should have won vs Betis at home.

I say we're on the right track, and Laporta + the staff has to really help Xavi improve this team with some inspired signings.

Bobo32

Favorites away vs Madrid? I disagree about that.
Ok. Barcelona are fresher and I think they'll win.
Not talking about not making top 4 as we'll clearly do. But remains to be seen how we do as 2nd place is not a given as you make it out to be.

If Barcelona play like they should play from here, they will take the 2nd place at minimum. I am sure if you do the count on avg points lately you'll see that, and then you factor in inherent class of the squads too, and that Barcelona clearly are in an improvement phase.

In any way, my first post was about it being weak looking for the competition for 4th place, glad you agree about that.

Home of Barca Fans