La Liga Round 1: FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano 0-0

Wizzbar

New signing
Can somebody explain to me, how is possible to hate and love the same team at same time? Is that normal?

JerseyAddict

Our midfield was sub par tonight... Gavi, Busi, Kessie, nothing... De Jong finally gave some dynamic but not enough.

Neeraj

It's only the first game of the season. New team and players, any coach would need time to get the setup up and running. Which is why I thought it extremely over optimistic to start dreaming of LL/Cup double, etc.

Having said that, Xavi hasn't shown that much in his time so far and so it's a little more difficult to trust that he knows what he's doing. Everything said and done, no big picture conclusions need to be drawn here. We were flat and uninspired, and there's a long way to go.

Asylum15

Pedri Frenkie and Ter Stegen only 3 that reached a good to great level.

Stegan takes too fucking long to kick/pass balls once he receives them from our defence/midfield.

This pondering shit with the ball, edging it forward while he looks around is a waste of time and kills any dynamicity we have in building out quickly.

I've been to the Camp Nou and seen it first hand. He allows opposition to re-align or press higher, forcing his long inaccurate balls or inviting pressure on his inevitable wide kick to RB/RW/LB/LW.

Sailor Mars

Didn't think that was much of a penalty. Some physicality should be allowed in the box.

But I can understand wanting a penalty, have seen some refs give that type before.

SABANS

Isnt our midfield what 90% of you are praising here and want to play? Almost all of them did...and such a great result...

Pjanic needs to start next game since Busi is out

Asylum15

Congrats to Rayo aswell, tactically fantastic.
They know we leave very few defenders once we get turned over and they had pace and guile to expose us.
They deserved more than one goal so a point is a fair result IMO.

For us, the same ol' shit really.
Araujo has zero short passing IQ under pressure, our midfield was non-existent and our finishing wasn't up to par.

Gari

Xavi: "Rayo's defensive system was very good and their goalkeeper was excellent."
This is the problem that we do not have our own Xavi system.

Home of Barca Fans