La Liga Round 1: Getafe - Barca 0-0

FinBarcelonafan

Tonight would be a perfect example of why La Liga is experiencing the decline that it has. As a product, tonight would be difficult to sell to anyone getting into the sport.
It's not just Getafe's antics either, referees make decisions ad hoc, with zero consistency and love to be centre of attention.

They are all very fixable issues that Tebas and his cronies should address.
And low tempo, a lot filming and crap. It's boring. I was watching PL today and it's so quick and players are fast. Totally different experience. LaLiga is a dinosaur league in terms of entertainment.

Tebas is totally wrong guy to lead this league.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Yeah. Getafe’s approach (Xavi’s too because we made it easy for them) and refereeing were so appalling today that games like this make me care less about watching and following football as a whole.

Messi983

Aruajo did a tremendous job .. also Xavi by design wanted to play in one wing only since we lost a player .. both Abde and Balde on the left flank

Problem is Abde limited Balde's offensive output. Can't have overlapping LB and touchline winger on the same side.

OTOH Araujo as a defensive RB also doesn't make sense with a RW who prefers to cut inside.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah. Getafe’s approach (Xavi’s too because we made it easy for them) and refereeing were so appalling today that games like this make me care less about watching and following football as a whole.
Actually true.

I guess in a sense there was a lot of drama but it was mostly out of incompetence. Which isn't something you want to broadcast in a professional league.

fergus90

And low tempo, a lot filming and crap. It's boring. I was watching PL today and it's so quick and players are fast. Totally different experience. LaLiga is a dinosaur league in terms of entertainment.

Tebas is totally wrong guy to lead this league.
Problem is Tebas see's everything against La Liga as a personal attack, so rather than doing any reflecting, he buries his head in the sand and logs in to twitter instead.

JamDav1982

Xavi acting like he plays great football week in week out.

Barca beat Real away last season with ten men behind ball and wasting time when could and have gone defensive to slow game down and see it out multiple times.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Problem is Abde limited Balde's offensive output. Can't have overlapping LB and touchline winger on the same side.

OTOH Araujo as a defensive RB also doesn't make sense with a RW who prefers to cut inside.

If we keep letting Xavi cook like this we're all gonna end up dead.
Not enough will be talked about when it comes to these tactical decisions because of the shitshow at the end.

malvolio

Can't get good quality football when you don't have money. La Liga might have been able to overachieve in therms of European results vs Spain's economy. But at the end of the day the money isn't there, even when compared to what was being invested 10 years ago in the league.

No sugar daddies, no Arab states, no nothing.

Can't be mad at Getafe playing like farmers when that's what they are.

Home of Barca Fans