La Liga Round 10: Barca - Sevilla

mdenci

Wow...
there's nothing wrong with the international football as such, except that particularly the Nations Leage seems an artificial concept that interrupts otherwise exciting drama at the club level. For Europe, I'd prefer this to be somehow incorporated into the World Cup and Euro qualifiers, where each match would have something significant to play for.

Let's not mistake Nationalism for Patriotism.
For instance, it is different to think that you're a better man on the basis that you were spawned by Anglo Saxon genes and some Nitchean - like theories affirm you to that sentiment versus cultivating positive and immaterial feelings for the country you were born and raised in, or, alternatively, a country you lived in long enough and developed love for.
You do realise that the Nations League actually IS important for WC quailfiers? 8 teams which rank 1st and 2nd in their A league groups will be in Pot 1 for WC qualifiers. Maybe this doesn't seem so important, but at least it has some impact on another competition. Before the Nations League, we had some very boring friendlies, some of which were played on poor pitches and players picked up injuries (not that that is any different from now, considering all the injured players), now we at least get to watch some strong national team names facing each other on a regular basis.
Again, personally I'm against this, considering the number of high intensity matches being played across the season, it's just not good for the players or the quality of the football itself.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I really doubt either of them will start against Bayern and Madrid. I think the midfield will be with Cubarsi Pedri Eric.

De jong is fit isnt he?

Midfield will be probably De jong olmo pedri

Olmo will get a few minutes against sevilla, maybe Hansi will bring him from bench against bayern but think he will start

TemporaryFan

You do realise that the Nations League actually IS important for WC quailfiers? 8 teams which rank 1st and 2nd in their A league groups will be in Pot 1 for WC qualifiers. Maybe this doesn't seem so important, but at least it has some impact on another competition. Before the Nations League, we had some very boring friendlies, some of which were played on poor pitches and players picked up injuries (not that that is any different from now, considering all the injured players), now we at least get to watch some strong national team names facing each other on a regular basis.
Again, personally I'm against this, considering the number of high intensity matches being played across the season, it's just not good for the players or the quality of the football itself.
Yes, I do. It's a gimmick.
I'd prefer they replaced it with a redesigned, World Cup and Euro qualification format of more matches, where every match would have a direct impact on the final outcome. Similarly to the World Cup qualifications in South America. Maybe, this way, more of those games would have more of excitement and, more importantly, it would eliminate the shock element where due to some random dive of form, some renowned teams, like Italy, Netherlands or England, would miss out on the big events. It would give every team, also those from the middle and lower tiers, a better test where they are internationally.

Last edited:

TheStig

De jong is fit isnt he?

Midfield will be probably De jong olmo pedri

Olmo will get a few minutes against sevilla, maybe Hansi will bring him from bench against bayern but think he will start

No chance, I think FDJ is still in worse condition than Olmo, Gavi and Fermin. Look for Koeman statements a few days ago.

TheStig

No need to wait, there is no chance that we will start with Olmo, Pedri and De Jong. Maybe Olmo/Fermin start but even that would be a big surprise, there is no chance for FDJ and Gavi.

TheStig

SZCZ
Fort Cubarsi Inigo Balde
Casado Eric
Raphinha Torre Fati
Lewa

Bring Kounde, Pedri and Yamal in the 2nd half if we are not winning.

Porque

Bundi giving their sides an extra days rest. We should go all out and get this one finished by half time.

If Pedri and Raphi are fit, play them, but bring them off as soon as we can.

Home of Barca Fans