La Liga | Round 17: FC Barcelona - Elche 3-2

Porque

Squad list for tonights Barca B game against Elche.

61bdc22784ec1.jpeg

Sport predicted lineup. From Camel with love.

0f86cdf0-f346-45be-b004-212f303a8fdc_16-9-aspect-ratio_50p_0.jpg

Bobo32

I think that Jutgla looked better than Luuk has done against Boca
I also think that Puig looked better than Gavi has done against Boca, and it would be a good time or even a mandatory time to let Puig start again, to prove himself again.

FinBarcelonafan

I also think that Puig looked better than Gavi has done against Boca, and it would be a good time or even a mandatory time to let Puig start again, to prove himself again.

Gavi played vs Boca?

Porque

I wouldn't judge much from the Boca game given the space and pace we had. But Jutgla is in a good moment career wise. He will get a few first team opportunities as a sub. We don't have many inform players so we should take advantage of that given our scoring problems.

ajnotkeith

Puig played decent but seriously I'm not gonna overplay a player making a few nice passes in a friendly against Boca Juniors in Saudi Arabia. The fact Jutgla played well should be testament to that as if he starts today, he may be one of the most unheralded/lowly-rated players to ever start for Barca lol.

To give you a picture, last season for Espanyol (when they were in the Segunda) he didn't play a minute for their A team and I don't think he was even called up once, during them facing a tight race for the title. And then was released from their B team.

A player who was deemed useless by a second division club and couldn't even play a minute for their A team leading the line for Barca is incredible.

Daisymorr

I had tickets to go to this game but pulled out because of all the new restrictions needed in Ireland for travelling to and from other nations. Just not worth all the hassle. Hope it is still a badly needed win for us.

FinBarcelonafan

I had tickets to go to this game but pulled out because of all the new restrictions needed in Ireland for travelling to and from other nations. Just not worth all the hassle. Hope it is still a badly needed win for us.

I am going to Barcelona for few months in January. Hopefully it will still happen.. and booked Airbnb and bought tickets to matches already. A bit scared of everything going to poop.

I probably wouldn't book things in this moment either.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Puig played decent but seriously I'm not gonna overplay a player making a few nice passes in a friendly against Boca Juniors in Saudi Arabia. The fact Jutgla played well should be testament to that as if he starts today, he may be one of the most unheralded/lowly-rated players to ever start for Barca lol.

To give you a picture, last season for Espanyol (when they were in the Segunda) he didn't play a minute for their A team and I don't think he was even called up once, during them facing a tight race for the title. And then was released from their B team.

A player who was deemed useless by a second division club and couldn't even play a minute for their A team leading the line for Barca is incredible.

He didn't play decent, it was a very very good game where he was the light of the team together with Alves. Had Frenkie or Gavi or Nico or Pedri played the exact game they would be praised by everyone, now there is such a high suspicion towards Puig by some. And I don't want to underrate Boca, I am not sure they are worse than Elche for example...
My point, besides liking Puigs style overall, is that if a player plays a very good game, he should play again the next game. If Puig doesnt't play today my suspicion towards Xavi will rise!

I was not aware of Jutglas history. He didn't shine against Boca, but dropped to be played off on a few occasions nicely, and looked overall more mobile and functional than Luuk. Any striker should be on these crosses from Alves though, and Jutgla wasn't. If I was in charge, I'd try Puig in the false9 position now, or even Gavi.

Porque

[MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION],

If we go with the Sport projected lineup I posted then we could slot Puig in FdJs spot!

And to mimmick last seasons best run of form and systematic play move FdJ into the centre of the back 3.

Home of Barca Fans