La Liga | Round 18: Sevilla - FC Barcelona 1-1

Andresito

Staff member
Can see Sevilla making this a physical battle.

Smashing in to young players and trying to run legs off the older ones.

The likes of Joan Jordan has bullied the midfield of Barca a bit too often.

Joan Jordan is always good against Barca

Bobo32

Pique-Eric centrebacks.

5mPi.gif

It's normal.
I am very disappointed Puig does not play again. I hope to see him get more minutes now than last time at least, maybe it depends on the score...
About Gavi: someone said he hadn't proven himself against good teams, I am more interested to see if he can play another game of the same quality after having been MOTM last time. He has been very quiet sometimes after good games before.

Porque

It's normal.
I am very disappointed Puig does not play again. I hope to see him get more minutes now than last time at least, maybe it depends on the score...
About Gavi: someone said he hadn't proven himself against good teams, I am more interested to see if he can play another game of the same quality after having been MOTM last time. He has been very quiet sometimes after good games before.

Well, we can't romanticise things. We just went life and death with Elche and are starting with two B team forwards who didn't come through LaMasia and were signed from Espanyol B and Hercules. On paper those players and that sort of form give no reason to expect a win today, and is completely correlated with being in an institutional crisis.

But that is the differance of having Xavi, what his effect brings to the clubs resonance compared to any another manager.

I'd look at the positives of having Puig and Nico on the bench. Both helped change/influence the tie versus Elche. Atleast we have midfield options to regenerate with in the second half. And their will be more pockets of air available for Puig to exploit. Perfect for him.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Busquets has apparently started EVERY game this season.

And that's a good thing!
Will be a nice game this, maybe Frenkie can make a surprise deciding performance, wouldn't surprise me after his disappointing form. Can see his runs paying off finally again today!

Bobo32

Well, we can't romanticise things. We just went life and death with Elche and are starting with two B team forwards who didn't come through LaMasia and were signed from Espanyol B and Hercules. On paper our sort of form and that sort of form has no reason to expect a win today, and is completely correlated with being in an institutional crisis.

But that is the differance of what having the Xavi effect brings to the situation compared to another manager.

I'd look at the positives of having Puig and Nico on the bench. Both helped change/influence the tie versus Elche. Atleast we have midfield options to regenerate with in the second half. And their will be more pockets of air available for Puig to exploit. Perfect for him.

Yeah, I love the midfield options as a whole, I just love Puig the most and want to see him play and I also want good performances to pay off in more minutes.
It might be good to have him as a sub option this game though I agree - but I won't be very patient if the clock goes to 50, 55, 60 without the sub if the game isn't safe and controlled.
I think Barcelona should look to win this game still.

Home of Barca Fans