La Liga Round 2: Barca - Athletic Bilbao 2-1

Predicted outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Birdy

Early days
We need improvement on and off the ball.
But I can see that Flick wants to teach something that will eventually click after a few months

ajnotkeith

Really nice game against a very solid team. We try to attack much more rather than aimlessly passing and are also physically outmatching our opponents.

Nice to see it and if certain holes in the team were fixed we could do even better.

Flick also has not had that much time to implement his style either.

Devils

Even when they scored the penalty i knew we would score again because we were the far better team during the match.

If that was Xavi on the sidelines, he would have had a meltdown after that penalty and likely the entire team would have had a meltdown.

Two games into the season, the players look fit, well positioned during play and motivated to win.

Most important of all, the games are actually watchable unlike the last year under Xavi.

Co0ter

Even when they scored the penalty i knew we would score again because we were the far better team during the match.

If that was Xavi on the sidelines, he would have had a meltdown after that penalty and likely the entire team would have had a meltdown.

Two games into the season, the players look fit, well positioned during play and motivated to win.

Most important of all, the games are actually watchable unlike the last year under Xavi.
Xavi would of parked the bus for the 1-0 win after we scored the first goal. Not even joking lol

He did it several times last season and shifted the momentum by allowing them to inflict all the pressure.

PhilS

4-5-1. Flick played the best players available, everyone plays defence. Even Lewa is running more. Flick is tremendous with his subs, energy level stays high right to the whistle.

Nucky

Soo far soo good.. Better than I expected, lets keep it that way.. Rayo and Valladolid next til international break, should snatch 6 points from these 2 matches.. Leagues are won on small games, this is where we need to gather as much points as possible.. Derbies are nice to win but it doesn't bring titles..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Watching the re-run. Doesn't look we were that good.
Kounde got a lot of praise but I noticed few mistakes. Pedri was ok but nothing special as mentioned either. Lewa still weak on the ball and falls like a granny.

As I said we'll see how we look in a few months once new manager impact wears down.

Home of Barca Fans