La Liga Round 5: Girona - Barca 1-4

Predicted outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajnotkeith

The massive shock is how much our physical level and conditioning increased in just one pre-season. This level of intensity hasn't been seen in Spain since like forever.

The board needs to really pull their finger out and support Flick with signings going forward because we might be building something very special here, this is not only the best Barca have played in some time but also the start of a revolution in LaLiga.

Horatio

You're welcome
The massive shock is how much our physical level and conditioning increased in just one pre-season. This level of intensity hasn't been seen in Spain since like forever.

The change is so staggering that I am reluctant to just credit Flick. Football is a game of margins(most sports at top level). It’s hard to believe such a big change was achieved in a few months. Of course it does help fielding a lot of younger players.

I dunno. Feel free to correct if anyone knows better.

Aside from that Flick’s work is sick so far.

Iniesta Ultra

The board needs to really pull their finger out and support Flick with signings going forward because we might be building something very special here, this is not only the best Barca have played in some time but also the start of a revolution in LaLiga.

Physical conditioning won't matter if when overall health has us dropping like flies.

Truncated jaw lines a la Ohlno are a sign of degraded genetics as well over generations. Not surprised he's so frail.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Valladolid should have been on the end of another spanking vs Celta Vigo. I don't want to burst our bubble, but it seems that Valladolid is a substandard side. Girona will be more like our first three games. Close. I hope for no more injuries.
Yeah...it was real close. You just ain't familiar with Hansi ball, my brother.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The change is so staggering that I am reluctant to just credit Flick. Football is a game of margins(most sports at top level). It’s hard to believe such a big change was achieved in a few months. Of course it does help fielding a lot of younger players.

I maintain that one of the keys are young/hungry players.

Just like anywhere, it often comes down to "who wants it more".

Porque

The board and SD identified we needed an overhaul of the coaching team and especially the physical department.

Xavi was loyal to a fault to his bros. It cost him his job.

Physical levels would likely have improved with Xavi if he had opened the door to improving his coaching team. He refused to.

But there is a world of difference between Flicks mentality and Xavis season 3 mentality which is an even bigger factor right now.

Btw I'm eager to look at the fitness stats when CL returns. Xavi did also have our fitness levels very strong and among the highest for the CL knockouts to also be fair to him.

LaLiga are tighter than UEFA on their data. I do recall seeing Mbappe run 8km though at the weekend which is feckin diabolical.

jamrock

Porque point about difference between Xavi season 3 and a fresh flick is a key one.

Much like a fresh Xavi changed things when he came.

But overall their has been many changes in the background, to keep improving on what was already there.

Flick isn't starting from zero here, the way certain poster seem to believe, smh.

Xavi also came in and Improved the teams physical levels, everyone was raving about it, his first 1.5 seasons, but quickly forgot in his last season.

Last season we won the most points of any team in last Liga in the final 30 minutes of the game, couldn't happen if the fitness levels weren't at least good.

But the breathe of fresh air that flick as brought in his the biggest difference, I think xavi got tired of replying on youngsters and wanted some more experience in his team and he let it play on his mind too much.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The eye test. I don't care for these broad or sweeping generalizations when comparng Xavi & Flick, for me it's how they look more than the stats

You could see it from the first whistle vs an opponent they lost three in a row to, tails were up and it was unrelenting

Part of that is conditioning and of course linked to it is the mentality it gives you - this is something I see consistently that was absent

Going to watch the Gamper today because I missed the match/highlights, curious to see how they were undone considering all the positives we've witnessed of late

Home of Barca Fans