Laurent Koscielny

psychotsek

just watched the first half of ars vs man city again, what a great performance. such good reading of the game and the pace to make an impact. one second he's flat at the back playing the trap and the next second he's darting forward to intercept/disrupt the pass. his positioning was spot on as well. Great partner for Pique.

Couldn't agree with you more.He is far from perfect but imo he is the best option available and might come cheap too.He has pace,great positioning,eye for the pass and for some reason his style reminds me of :busquets:

pEllee

Yeh but there's no way Wenger is gonna sell him.

Arsenal have Mertesacker, Koscielny, an injured Veermalen and a right back (Sagna) who can play CB. Why would he sell his best defender when he's already in need of more defenders?

Robbie

If we don't win anything this season (or buy a big player), which is looking increasingly likely by the day, then there's no doubt in my mind that Koscielny will push for a transfer next summer. This is the only season where we'll be able to have a settled starting 11 with no departures, and (so far) we've completely wasted the opportunity. If he leaves next summer, I won't even be mad. We've brought this on ourselves.

Co0ter

If we don't win anything this season (or buy a big player), which is looking increasingly likely by the day, then there's no doubt in my mind that Koscielny will push for a transfer next summer. This is the only season where we'll be able to have a settled starting 11 with no departures, and (so far) we've completely wasted the opportunity. If he leaves next summer, I won't even be mad. We've brought this on ourselves.

He's turning 28 already in Sept, 29 by beginning of next season. I would of loved to get him for this season :(

H

Haruko The Goon

Until Silva leaves that poverty league to play in PL/La Liga, Koscielny is the best CB in the world.

Good centre back but his mistakes get ignored far too many times same with Kompany whilst some players such as Hummels and several other defenders get massacred with criticism

pEllee

Good centre back but his mistakes get ignored far too many times same with Kompany whilst some players such as Hummels and several other defenders get massacred with criticism

Huh? No, the mistakes, which he rarely commits are always mentioned. He was error prone a few years ago but not anymore. They've effectively destroyed his reputation so he's never going to be mentioned among the best. Even though the guy is clearly the best defender in the Premier League.

H

Haruko The Goon

Just seems like it to me but I do acknowledge has improved so much since his first season at England. Regarding the best in PL I think it might still be Kompany

Fakin' hell mate. Have you watched Koscielny??

11/12 Kompany
12/13 Koscileny
13/14 Koscielny

what exactly does Kompany have that koscielny does in terms of attributes? Apart form Physicality.

abual3bed1

Koscielny's idea of defending is: kick the opponent, if the ref didn't see it, do it again, if the ref did see it, give him the innocent look and try better to hide it next time. He's just a bit above average and will never give stability for a team like Barca that plays with 1 defensive midfielder and very attacking minded full backs. I think he's 1 on the many reasons why Arsenal are having some defensive nightmares.

H

Haruko The Goon

Koscielny's idea of defending is: kick the opponent, if the ref didn't see it, do it again, if the ref did see it, give him the innocent look and try better to hide it next time. He's just a bit above average and will never give stability for a team like Barca that plays with 1 defensive midfielder and very attacking minded full backs. I think he's 1 on the many reasons why Arsenal are having some defensive nightmares.

You know nothing if you think that's Koscielny.

Home of Barca Fans